Hypocrisy - What went wrong?

NastyJoan

Oct 10, 2001
Santiago de Chile
I Can't Believe It

I just read that Peter from Hypocrisy closed The Abyss studios, or maybe didn't record any other album in there, but the most dissapointed that he said was that He's going to record the New Hypocrisy Album "Catch 22" with a more PAIN influence because he doesn't want to use their Death Metal influences no more!!!!!!!!!!!

So all this time (he said as I read) he was doing Hypocrisy music only because of the label wanted him to!!!!!!!!

What the Hell went wrong???????
I don't like Pain but I respect it
But turn Hypocrisy Into a Pain-Cloned-Influence band??????

Please someone tell me that all I read was BULLSHIT! and I'm completely wrong :mad:

Actually I was reading the same article but in my opinion this statement was to be taken "ironically". Peter wanted to express that he'd like to get away from the "actual" Hypocrisy-style and find new perspectives but in the end nevertheless it turned out to be Hypocrisy again! And I do not think that he's going to really get away from Hypocrisy 'cause with Pain he has the MORE commercial music (new Pain will go into the Depeche Mode direction as far as I know). On the other side I hope that the NU Metal influences (Slipknot - :( ) won't be that much 'cause Tägtren does not have to copy f***ing trend-stuff to do good music, does he? And Hypocrisy should not become a LimpBizkit - clone!

well i highly hope that this statement is meant ironically! otherwise i really have to ask myself what went wrong with this guy... but i don't think that this is serious. and yeah, i read that the new album will have some nu-metal(!!!) influences. well i just hope that they will not be too much... i really don't understand why they should get away from their style.