I always end up getting a Dull sound? Why?????

digitaloutput

New Metal Member
May 28, 2008
www.myspace.com
Just finished the recording and I started the mixing and I always bump into the same f***** problem no highs,no low end....everything's in the mids and lowmids.AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa!What am I doing wrong?On what speakers do you guy mix?Do you use sub woofers? Do you mix on the same speakers that you record on?In the same room?What? How do you get that clear sound? I use ok pre's and mics...

I have a SSL 4000 pre and a 9000 pre,Allen&Heath GL2 mixer,and some 57,ATM MB5k shiti mics but they work for tomz ,Beta52 which I'll mever gonna use again in my life because D112 and the d12 on 6ohm works like a rocket, some rode mics for the "room" but my speakers are Samson Resolve80a,through my Allen%Heath mixer to the Samson Control:puke: Hehehehehe...a really pure path :ill:

OK this is a quick mix not mastered,just pulled the tracks together.Everything is acoustic except the 20% ApTrigger on the BasDr and SnareDr,cos I had only 7 mics to run and no time to check the phase on them(it was a quick session) the stupid drummer was in a hurry and we were "HI":Smokedev: all the time,so we recorded the drumz in a day.11 songs!!! ....Guiz are 6505+, bass Peavey full tube????? and DI through SSL9000 pre,Vocal Rode SM58 through SSL too...Drumz Sonor S-Class,not the Classix... With a Virgil Donati snareDr ...I recorded the Trigger Samples so I will share with ya sooonn...
Any opinions? What to do? What to cut...Any suggestions?Any interesting approach?

http://www.4shared.com/file/88192228/e2dc9026/Intro__No_Vanity.html

Thanx!!!:headbang:

overall i think it's a decent sounding mix. with that said, here's where you can make improvements:

the guitars sound like they need some mids to be honest, they're just overall kind of bland and boring. try boosting 820hz and 2.7k on the guitars to make them more edgy and in your face, boost 100hz slightly if you think they need more bottom end, but they are good where they are on the high end. if you want more high end in your mix, turn up the room mics on the drum kit with a high pass filter around 500hz to 1k, the drums are really missing this kind of airy-ambiance you hear in professional recordings.

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Why not just download getdropbox. It's much easier for us to listen to your mix. No offense but often times I'll not even listen unless I can stream the song, and I'm sure there's others on here that do the same.