"i am a retard" lawsuit revived in court

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/02/21/obesity.lawsuit/index.html

NEW YORK, New York (CNN) -- Lawyers who last month couldn't get a federal judge to bite on their claims that McDonald's food was responsible for making their clients fat went back to the counter for a second helping Thursday, filing a revised complaint accusing the fast food giant of making misleading nutritional claims.

I guess their argument is a little better this time, although I've never been in a McDonald's that doesn't have reams of nutritional information smeared around like semen in a peep booth.

While a McDonald's nutritional booklet claims the fish in a Filet-O-Fish is "100 percent cod with a pinch of salt to taste after cooking," the list of ingredients for the sandwich includes modified corn starch, dextrose, cellulose gum, citric acid and an anti-foaming agent called dimethylpolysiloxane, the complaint alleges.

ughhh.

i could take that two ways.

First, I think it's a GOOD thing that the American legal system works like that. My English friend always makes fun of our litigious culture, but it's through lawsuits and litigation that the little guys can actually make a dent in the big guys. When you read about fat kids suing McDonald's, that's the media picking up one of the most extreme and stupid abuses. And of course in a liberal system, there's always going to be people who take it one step too far.

Secondly, McDonald's is rapidly becoming not very American. Fewer and fewer Americans are eating there, while more and more internationals are (one of the biggest culprits are the French, who excitedly order Big Mac business lunches! would you ever see an office doing that here?) So fuck McDonald's--it's becoming like smoking cigarettes...a problem of the developing world, eschewed by the Americans who made it big.

i am glad the legal system has the ability to bother filing frivilous lawsuits such as this because it keeps a certain level of back watching and thus a level of fear that leads to honesty in some cases. especially with environmental damage. it is much less likely to happen now, thanks to personal injury attorneys, and the same with lead paint and/or birth procedure malpractice.

my uncle is one of those ambulance chasing sleezebags. he's totlaly stuck it to huge companies that tried to fuck over workers who were injured. he gets a kick out of fucking with insurance adjusters minds. i worked for him for a long long time.

my friend was a manager at a BK and she told me that the shakes there and at mcdonald's have some certain portion of plastic particles that are undigestible in them in order to keep their consistency that they have if the machine isn't working properly. she also said they only cleaned the machine once a month and it was always full of roaches :|

Originally posted by the_preppy
my friend was a manager at a BK and she told me that the shakes there and at mcdonald's have some certain portion of plastic particles that are undigestible in them in order to keep their consistency that they have if the machine isn't working properly. she also said they only cleaned the machine once a month and it was always full of roaches :|

yet another reason why I never eat at those kinds of places

well, i mean, honestly, that kind of stuff happens at any restaurant. it's just funny b/c drinking plastic just can't be good for your butt.