I am in the market for a set of Drum mics

i'd reccomend this pack here:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Audix-AD4-Pro-Drum-Microphone-Pack?sku=270689

that'll give you a kick mic and 3 good tom mics...i'd use the i5 on the floor tom, i use 3 of those mini condensers myself and they're really not bad on the rack toms at all

the good ole 57 for your snare:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-SM57-InstrumentVocal-Mic?sku=270102

and a pair of these for the overheads:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009TD5X6[/ame]

that's pretty much the most inexpensive setup i could reccomend, i've used all of those mics at some point with pretty good results...that's more money than you wanna spend, but i don't think you'd be very satisfied with either of the mic packs you posted

That's fair, but I think the active ingredient is a $50 PG58 will do this pretty much as well as a $200 dedicated kick mic (as you said). And el-biczel, why would you ever wanna pay that extra to make your own kick sample, when there are so many people here who make awesome samples with awesome gear for free? o_O I'm not saying I would never want a kick mic, but I AM saying it's a pretty low priority for me.

You're probably right, but still in that case you must buy some decent audio replacement plugin. But I must agree that's always useful.

I have the Shure DMK57-52 kit (i use with extra 57s and a pair of NT5s) and its pretty good, great how the mics are not limited specifically to drums. However, would be nice to have something with a larger diaphragm than a 57 for floor tom, and of course, with only the 3 57s, youll need another one or two mics to mic a basic 5 piece.. Im also not the biggest fan of the 52a, not for metal at least.. Having said that, I trigger or replace the majority of my kick tracks so thats not the biggest problem...

I have heard (and not just from the one review) that the ADX 90 mics suck at handling high SPL.

my drummer hits pretty hard and they've been working fine for us, they have a tad less low end then i like for a floor tom, but i've got an i5 for that...i think i prefer e604's slightly to the adx90's, but they are pretty good mics IMO

i recently picked up an equation audio drum microphone kit and it holds its own with the shure kit for almost half the price........ i have both kits and really like all these mic's in there own ways... although i do not use them on my typical drum sessions,they do get used from time to time, i norm use d6/trigger- kick, 57/441/trigger-snare, 421's rack toms 414 floor tom km184's overs etc etc.... the equations are very good for the price and sound really professional, i would not be hesitant to use them on a session if i did not have the normal mics i use....

I just picked up a set of Audix mics- the DP5a which has 2 X D2's, a D4, an I5 and a D6 for 414 dollars inc shipping on ebay, there's a store on there that sells them pretty cheap, I got their demo model, they seem to put them up regular enough.

Agreed on the Audix D6 and i5.
The i5 sound great on snare and toms, as well as other percussion, guitars and any horns you may want. It's good live on vocals- lots of gain before feedback and a tighter pattern than a Shure SM58.

And they cost less than a new 57.

That said, the 57 are still good.
Pair them up with the right preamp and they sound great.

I use my D6-beta91, i5 and D2s every night live and they never fail me. I have a Beta 52 and D112 but they now pull duty on bass guitar.

Thanks for the heads up if6was9, I just bought a set. It looks like the guy raised the price 15 dollars though (which is still an awesome deal).