I AM MORBID To Team Up With ATROCITY, VITAL REMAINS, SADIST For 'Morbidfest' European Tour

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
I AM MORBID — the band featuring former MORBID ANGEL members David Vincent (vocals, bass) and Tim Yeung (drums) alongside guitarists Bill Hudson (CIRCLE II CIRCLE, TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA) and Ira Black (METAL CHURCH, LIZZY BORDEN) — will team up with ATROCITY, VITAL REMAINS and SADIST for the "Morbidfest 2019" European tour in April. All four bands have prepared unique sets for this tour to make it even more special. I AM MORBID will perform material from MORBID ANGEL's "Altars Of Madness" (1989), "Blessed Are The Sick" (1991), "Covenant" (1993) and "Domination" (1995) albums. German metallers ATROCITY have prepared a special program comprising the "Okkult" albums released via Napalm Records and Massacre Records and all the popular death metal classics spanning the band's history. An exclusive 30th-anniversary set will be performed by the U.S. blasphemers from VITAL REMAINS. Finally, progressive death metal veterans SADIST are going to present their recent album, "Spellbound", along with old songs included in the set. Tour dates: Apr. 26 - Cottbus (GER) Gladhouse Apr. 27 - Hamburg (GER) Kultur Palast Apr. 28 - Aalborg (DEN) Stundenterhuset Apr. 30 - Manchester (UK) Rebellion May 01 - Coventry (UK) Empire May 02 - London (UK) Underworld May 03 - Apeldoorn (NLD) Gigant May 04 - Eindhoven (NLD) Effenaar May 07 - Saint Maurice (SUI) Le Manoir May 08 - Marseille (FRA) Jas Rod May 09 - Barcelona (SPA) Salamandra May 10 - Madrid (SPA) Caracol May 11 - Murcia (SPA) Gamma May 12 - Lisboa (POR) LAV May 15 - Milan (ITA) Legend Club May 16 - Ingolstadt (GER) Eventhalle Westpark May 17 - Mannheim (GER) MS Connexion May 18 - Zwickau (GER) Seilerstrasse * May 19 - Prague (CZE) Storm * * No VITAL REMAINS Vincent told Ghost Cult about I AM MORBID's formation: "It's been discussed off and on for a few years now, but, as they say, actions speak louder than words. While it was exciting to discuss, it was held off for a few years until I decided to go through some personal changes in my life, and really absorb the possibility of it happening. I went ahead and focused on my roots music, but this kept lingering, and now it's time for I AM MORBID to finally happen." Regarding the I AM MORBID setlist, Vincent said: "Like everything I do, I want to make this special. This is very different from MORBID ANGEL. If you want to see a MORBID ANGEL show, you know where to go, but this isn't it. I'm only going to be performing songs that I wrote on this tour. If I didn't write it, we aren't playing it. We are going to throw in things, here or there, to make things more unique, but it's going to be one brutal show. I can promise you that." MORBID ANGEL's controversial 2011 album, "Illud Divinum Insanus", marked the group's first CD to feature Vincent since "Domination". In December 2017, the band released a new studio album, "Kingdoms Disdained", with a lineup that includes Steve Tucker on bass/vocals, Scott Fuller (ANNIHILATED, ERRORGEIST) on drums, and Dan Vadim Von (guitarist/frontman of the American death metal group VADIMVON) on second guitar.
Morbidfest2019tourposter.jpg

Continue reading...