I am Podxt!!!

Yesterday I bought Line6 podxt!!! not bad!
I have to tweak it a lot to get good tones like yours!!!
So the search buttons from andy's forum expired, can you tell me that site with the library of metal tones?
On costumtone.com I cannot find meshuggah tones!
Is it worth paying for the metal pack??? I mean 50 $ for something that the fucking assholes of line6 could gave us for free is not very cheap!
If you have good tones don't hesitate to share 'em!!!!

Maurizio

The metal pack is more than worth the $50. I havn't used a single model from the standard set since getting the 'metal shop' last December. Anyway, if you don't like it you can return it using the Line6 Monkey software and get a full refund.

You know, I wasn't impressed with the metal pack. But the funny thing is, I returned it using the monkey...It credited my card back the $50.00 and it didn't remove the metal shop pack. I basically got it for free somehow. So now it's much cooler. I don't think it's worth $50.00.

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
You know, I wasn't impressed with the metal pack. But the funny thing is, I returned it using the monkey...It credited my card back the $50.00 and it didn't remove the metal shop pack. I basically got it for free somehow. So now it's much cooler. I don't think it's worth $50.00.
Can you remember exactly the steps you undertook for this desired result to take place? ;)

Nitronium Blood said:
Can you remember exactly the steps you undertook for this desired result to take place? ;)

Sure... I bought it, installed it, didn't like it, returned it using their exact instructions, got my money back and the pack remained. I was firewalled with anti-virus running... I think that has something to do with it. But I turned off all "potection", and tried to return it again (because I didn't think it worked and was afraid I wasn't going to get my money back).. So I tried again... Entered the liscence key and it said that the pack had already been returned. I assume it's some strange fluke...Because if it happened to everyone, they would catch on to "buy it and get your money back...viola...free amp models".

At any rate, it's pretty funny!

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
Sure... I bought it, installed it, didn't like it, returned it using their exact instructions, got my money back and the pack remained. I was firewalled with anti-virus running... I think that has something to do with it. But I turned off all "potection", and tried to return it again (because I didn't think it worked and was afraid I wasn't going to get my money back).. So I tried again... Entered the liscence key and it said that the pack had already been returned. I assume it's some strange fluke...Because if it happened to everyone, they would catch on to "buy it and get your money back...viola...free amp models".

Exactly the same here, I got Norton Internet security on, I bought all packs then I returned them, but I received that error message!
Hope I'll get my money back!!!
Hey diobolic can you share some preset? I really liked the one you used on your stuff

Maurizio

DIOBOLIC5150 said:

Hmm, looks like:

1) You say to line 6's software - "Hey dude thanks but no thanks, here I give you back the pack and now can I have my money back please?"

2) Line 6 then goes into the proccess of 'taking back' the model packs and refunding your money.

3) Not sure if the software heard you, you shout "Hey can I have my money back please!" [via trying to return it again]. Line 6 software goes "Hey did we give this dude his money back? 'cause he's like demandin it an' stuff", some other part of the code says "Ya, I guess we did... lets just go home". Line 6 forgets to complete the proccess of taking back its software just leaves you alone.

:D

Not that I am against it, but can we keep the pirating/cracking talk to private conversations so we don't get eachother and Andy in trouble?

I have heard that this "crack" doesn't work in the new firmware. If you can't get a good sound with the Metal Pack, something else is wrong in your setup. I have found it to be very worth the money, and so have a lot of people I know who get great sounds. :)

Don't know if this is the kind of sound you want, but it's something I came up with when I fooled around with my pod. (uhh.. that sounded dirty). It's the MS-L6 Big Bottom from the metal pack.

Pod xt with metal pack

I wasn't pirating anything.. I paid for the software just like anyone else, I just wasn't that impressed with it. My Randall up to a 57 just sounds way better. So I tried to return it with good intentions and something failed. I tried twice to make sure everything worked with the return, but the Metal Shop Pack is still installed in my unit and I have already been credited my 50 bucks. All I really wanted was my 50 bucks, I didn't mean to rob Line 6. I guess there's nothing I can really do about it. I tried again just a little while ago to do the return, but it said that I have already returned the Metal shop pack... except it's still installed on my POD XT Live. I kinda feel bad about it. But it's not my fault.

Using the standard models you'd probably get the best sound out of the 'Solo 100' model, with the Treadplate cab and the 57 on-axis set to about 3%.

Settings on the amp:

Drive: 5
Bass: 7
Middle: 9
Treble: 8
Presence: 7
Volume: 5

Also, use the noise gate:

Threshold: 40%
Decay: 0

This is only an 'guestimate' as I don't have my POD with me right now but it might work out ok.

wicked_s said:
You could try these too, it's from my website.
http://www.cromonic.com/phpBB2/index.php

You'll see Line6 Tones there...

Really good ones!
I don't know, on http://www.metallabs.com/hotplate/ mp3s of presets were really good (chimaira one was great), but when I loaded them on my podxt they sounded weak.
Maybe the guy who created those presets used emgs.
I played through my cort x-custom:
pickups: Jeff Beck on bridge and Jazz on neck
body: American basswood
neck: Maple !
I have to try with my Jackson RR1 with Bill Lawrence 505XL

Maurizio

kaomao said:
Exactly the same here, I got Norton Internet security on, I bought all packs then I returned them, but I received that error message!
Hope I'll get my money back!!!
Hey diobolic can you share some preset? I really liked the one you used on your stuff

Maurizio

Sure, but which song? I try to use a different setting each time untill I find one I really like. Some are better than others. I don't know how to tell which one you like best. Maybe I'll just send a bunch.

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
Sure, but which song? I try to use a different setting each time untill I find one I really like. Some are better than others. I don't know how to tell which one you like best. Maybe I'll just send a bunch.

It was one very "pantera-esque", it was instrumental, with very fast parts!
Here http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/13325/ there isn't anymore that one.

Maurizio