I am trying to buy a ticket for Muse

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
at Wembley Stadium on Saturday night. I know nothing about Muse at all and I think I am pretty sure I don't like them though I'm not certain. I just want to experience their show in a massive 90,000 crowd. Oh and Biffy Clyro is the support and I like their song Mountains a lot but nothing else. I still haven't got the ticket yet but I'm on a couple of auctions at the mo in the hope to snag a tkt for half price or something like that. Any Muse fans amongst you out there? I'll post if I get the ticket or not!

So let me get this straight:
1) You are not familiar with MUSE
2) From what you know about them, you think that you won't like them
3) You then deduct though, even given the above, that you are willing to pay scalper prices to see them??????

Errr. Ok, I re-read your post and see you are hoping to score a cheaper ticket. That makes more sense now, but still.

I mean, I know I hate Disturbed and Slipknot with a passion. I wouldnt go see em for free, let alone pay a discounted price to see them.

I guess maybe you want to see what all the fuss is about, and I suppose seeing a big sold out show would give you a good idea.

I am extremely picky with shows in general. I couldn't imagine going to one, esp of that size and price, just to "check out a band"

Anyhow, have fun if you go.

Yeah read it properly Jasonic! :)

I wanna pay well under the odds if I can help it. As for seeing a band you are not a fan of then al I can say is that I've heard that the show they put on is spectacular. I went to U2 last year for the same reason although at least I know U2 songs but I have literally no clue about Muse. All I hear about them is that people absolutely adore them, so yeah I wanna see what the fuss is about and no I haven't youtubed them cause this is gonna sound funny, I don't actually really care to listen to them before hand, I'd rather listen to music that i like. Put it this way I doubt very much I am going to be a Muse fan after this event if I go to it which is still a big if at the moment.

Despite the stage show they put on, if you don't like the music, I don't see you liking the show.
Not much a fan of their latest album but I'd give Absolution a listen through at least before deciding to go.

Here's a shot of one of their shows:

800px-MuseNIA.JPG

They even tend to sell the seats behind the stage unlike most arena concerts because of the 360 experience of the show.

Well after all that it's a no go. The tickets always ended up going for close to face value which was too much for me. I was bidding around £20-£25 and they were fetching £40-£50. I'd rather burn my money on 4 new cds than going to that gig. That photo does look very cool though I must say. I tried some songs on youtube by the way in the end. That dude's voice sucks IMO. The music was quite cool.

In a huge turn up I have just returned from the sold out Wembley Stadium show! Things looked decidedly dicey as far as getting a ticket. I posted a "wanted" item on Gumtree a personal free ad site here in the UK. I upped my payscale up to face value. Luckily I live pretty close to Wembley so I left my ad and just wandered down to the local vicinity to hang out in the bookies and wait for any offers to come in. Soon I started getting a few texts and 1 call. Unfortunately all these fell through for various reasons and a ticket could not be snagged. Just when I thought all is lost, I get a call from some girl saying she was willing to sell her ticket for face value. She explained she had a migraine coming on and didn't feel up to going. She lived in Highbury which is not that close to Wembley but not a million miles away either. Luckily for me she agreed to come to the venue to exchange. Yeah she was pretty as well, damn and I got her number on my phone hehe and she even touched my arm as she left!

Anyway ticket was in hand, 40 cash was handed over to ease her throbbing temple, the damsel happier somewhat but not "bad head" free was back on the train to Highbury with my "there there's" ringing in her ear and I went back to the bookie and then got some fish and chips down me and finally off to Wembley.

Missed the first band.
2nd band was called White Lies. Jingly jangly pop rock. Not horrible.
3rd band was Biffy Clyro. Last time I looked the singer had all brown hair and beard, now he's got all blonde hair and beard. Damn they are one energetic band. They were running round like whirling dervishes all through their set. I only liked 2 songs from them, well I only KNOW 2 songs. One is Mountains which I know the title of, the other one I don't know the title of but know how it goes. The Scottish Biffy were OK!

Finally it was Muse. Basically they had the massive crowd eating out of their hands the whole night. Not for nothing are they labelled perhaps the best live band in the world. I think on record I can safely bypass Muse. I've got too many bands and albums that I'd rather play but the live experience was something else and it was a bloody experience. I think I can sum up their sound as being a conglomerate of dancy epic U2, touch of pompous Queen, little bit of The Who swagger, and a smattering of Led Zep rock and roll and some Pink Floyesque introspection. I think that encapsulates their sound very well. The stage set was pretty damn amazing. Like an angular pointed 3d building with big screens on it for projecting bits and pieces. There were lots of gimmicks as well with the band members going in front and out front on floating bases, a spaceship with dangling alien, bouncy eyeballs thrown over the audience etc. They played nigh on 2 hours and I think every single person in the house was singing most of the words apart from stupid old me cause I ain't gotta a clue!

The songs I liked best were the opener not sure of the title chorus says "we will be victorious". Also liked this song that sounds a bit like Queen's We Will Rock You in the drumming anyway. I liked some of the heavier grooving. Some of the overblown ambient piano sections got a touch tiresome. Overall I am glad I went at least once to see this band that almost everyone in the UK loves - it was worth it!

In a huge turn up I have just returned from the sold out Wembley Stadium show! Things looked decidedly dicey as far as getting a ticket. I posted a "wanted" item on Gumtree a personal free ad site here in the UK. I upped my payscale up to face value. Luckily I live pretty close to Wembley so I left my ad and just wandered down to the local vicinity to hang out in the bookies and wait for any offers to come in. Soon I started getting a few texts and 1 call. Unfortunately all these fell through for various reasons and a ticket could not be snagged. Just when I thought all is lost, I get a call from some girl saying she was willing to sell her ticket for face value. She explained she had a migraine coming on and didn't feel up to going. She lived in Highbury which is not that close to Wembley but not a million miles away either. Luckily for me she agreed to come to the venue to exchange. Yeah she was pretty as well, damn and I got her number on my phone hehe and she even touched my arm as she left!

Anyway ticket was in hand, 40 cash was handed over to ease her throbbing temple, the damsel happier somewhat but not "bad head" free was back on the train to Highbury with my "there there's" ringing in her ear and I went back to the bookie and then got some fish and chips down me and finally off to Wembley.

Missed the first band.
2nd band was called White Lies. Jingly jangly pop rock. Not horrible.
3rd band was Biffy Clyro. Last time I looked the singer had all brown hair and beard, now he's got all blonde hair and beard. Damn they are one energetic band. They were running round like whirling dervishes all through their set. I only liked 2 songs from them, well I only KNOW 2 songs. One is Mountains which I know the title of, the other one I don't know the title of but know how it goes. The Scottish Biffy were OK!

Finally it was Muse. Basically they had the massive crowd eating out of their hands the whole night. Not for nothing are they labelled perhaps the best live band in the world. I think on record I can safely bypass Muse. I've got too many bands and albums that I'd rather play but the live experience was something else and it was a bloody experience. I think I can sum up their sound as being a conglomerate of dancy epic U2, touch of pompous Queen, little bit of The Who swagger, and a smattering of Led Zep rock and roll and some Pink Floyesque introspection. I think that encapsulates their sound very well. The stage set was pretty damn amazing. Like an angular pointed 3d building with big screens on it for projecting bits and pieces. There were lots of gimmicks as well with the band members going in front and out front on floating bases, a spaceship with dangling alien, bouncy eyeballs thrown over the audience etc. They played nigh on 2 hours and I think every single person in the house was singing most of the words apart from stupid old me cause I ain't gotta a clue!

The songs I liked best were the opener not sure of the title chorus says "we will be victorious". Also liked this song that sounds a bit like Queen's We Will Rock You in the drumming anyway. I liked some of the heavier grooving. Some of the overblown ambient piano sections got a touch tiresome. Overall I am glad I went at least once to see this band that almost everyone in the UK loves - it was worth it!

I am so glad you went and enjoyed the show. Your post simply confirms what I already knew: Muse is the most amazing live music experience you can get these days.

Now start checking out some of the band's music. It may turn you into a fan. :)