I bought the new NILE album

Originally posted by FalseTodd
It doesn't help that they use six string guitars downtuned to A
Shit, we only tune down to C, with low string dropped to B-flat. When I tried out, I showed up with my guitar tuned to E but the low string detuned to D, and after an hour, they had me tune down to show me a song or two. Talk about floppy strings.

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
Im annoyed about the production.. it seems much less clearer than the other albums.. oh well..
Really? I didn't think the last one sounded very good at all, esp. after Catacombs- that album was so crisp, from guitar tone to the keys to vox & drums. The last one I thought sounded like it had a blanket thrown over it; the guitars didn't have depth to their sound, the drums sounded lighter & flat, and overall it just didn't have as much impact. But people raved about it.
And the stuff written on Catacombs was phenomenal. Whereas I was rather unimpressed with the last one; not as many memorable parts, just blasting fast stuff most of the time. Catacombs had the buildup of the fast blasting parts, but then added a keyboard chord progression with slower drums to change it up- hooks you can grab onto.

Aye, I still have a copy of Black Seeds that I stole from Sam and the production isn't very clear at all.. it's tough to hear notes when the midi guitar isn't going.

However, in my opinion that's the best kind of death metal.

Originally posted by FuSoYa
Aye, I still have a copy of Black Seeds that I stole from Sam and the production isn't very clear at all.. it's tough to hear notes when the midi guitar isn't going.

However, in my opinion that's the best kind of death metal.
I think my fave kind of death metal has the overdriven bass gtr, pounding drums, detuned guitars of stuff like Dismember (although their guitar sound is extremely difficult to discern what's going on) and the RRAAAARRR growly vocals of Entombed and Vader rather than the grunty goregrind vox many bands use. Mix the right amount of speed with heavy doomy riffs and headbangin' catchy stuff and that'll do nicely. If it's death metal, it should be heavy as hell like that. Which is why I don't really consider what our band does death metal. And that's also probably why Decapitated seem to be doing well- they fit that description, and not too many bands do these days.