I broke my toe.

I am typing this with one hand due to compound fractures I sustained in my left index finger last Tuesday. I now have 5 screws in my finger and cannot fret a guitar for at least 6-8 months:cry::cry::cry::cry:. I'll see if I can upload my x-rays

Well, my big toe didn't fracture, but I kicked it pretty damn well against another player's ankle this summer during a football (soccer) game. It's been about 5 months and it still hasn't fully healed :lol: The big ligament (?) sprained on top of and little to the side of the spot where the big toe attaches to your foot, and whenever I kick a ball "wrong" there's an icy pain shooting through it for a few seconds :erk: But apparently there's nothing you can do for it, except to let it (very) slowly heal. From what I've read, it takes up to a year to heal fully!

I broke my little toe once.

Did you find you just couldn't stop laughing?! I was just sat, kinda breathless, in shitloads of pain, just laughing. It was quite weird!

Never had the misfortune to break any bones myself, but I remember my friend fucking up his knee completely during a skateboarding accident. His knee/shin went straight through a clay pot, the tibula basically came away from the fibula and his knee cap ended up somewhere up near his thigh.

It teared him apart, he couldn't sit/play guitar for months (lying his guitar on top of him while lying down didn't exactly work right lol). It looked fucking nasty as well, and on top of that the paramedics were shit. They were moving his leg around trying to get him in the ambulance, and he was fucking screaming with pain because they were touching it! It was like some slapstick comedy sketch!

Also later when he was in hospital, the nurses kept forgetting to give him his painkillers! Really put me off the health service over here lol.

Meisterjäger;7694049 said:
I broke my little toe once.

Did you find you just couldn't stop laughing?! I was just sat, kinda breathless, in shitloads of pain, just laughing. It was quite weird!

Dude I went into my room thinking I just stubbed the shit out of it and then I was like "yeah that still hurts" so I took my sock off and I literally said "oh well there ya go I fucking broke my toe". Then my woman came in and I was like "look at that stupid shit" and she was like "Oh my God Loren you broke your toe what do we do?". At that point I was like well I guess we should go to the Hospital :erk:".

Never had the misfortune to break any bones myself, but I remember my friend fucking up his knee completely during a skateboarding accident. His knee/shin went straight through a clay pot, the tibula basically came away from the fibula and his knee cap ended up somewhere up near his thigh.

It teared him apart, he couldn't sit/play guitar for months (lying his guitar on top of him while lying down didn't exactly work right lol). It looked fucking nasty as well, and on top of that the paramedics were shit. They were moving his leg around trying to get him in the ambulance, and he was fucking screaming with pain because they were touching it! It was like some slapstick comedy sketch!

Hahahhaa, jesus christ, that's awful, and yet would be perfect in a Leslie Nielson movie :lol:

Dude I went into my room thinking I just stubbed the shit out of it and then I was like "yeah that still hurts" so I took my sock off and I literally said "oh well there ya go I fucking broke my toe". Then my woman came in and I was like "look at that stupid shit" and she was like "Oh my God Loren you broke your toe what do we do?". At that point I was like well I guess we should go to the Hospital :erk:".

Haha, that's probably even better! I love those kinda 'Huh... well would ya look at that?' moments! :lol:

Worst thing I've had was a dislocated middle finger. Can't quite remember how I pulled that one off, but it was all kinds of fun getting to flick people off in 3rd grade because of the splint they had to put on it. Fucker was shiny too - I could signal goddamned airplanes with that thing.

Jeff