I came here to get one question answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

ieatbabies

New Metal Member
Jul 12, 2007
why does everyone hate Trivium so badly?

I must say right off the bat, I'm not a big fan of them myself.... but when I hear their music I don't hear anything distinctly bad about their music.... is it just because they wear gay make-up and look like an emo band instead of metal? otherwise I just can't see why they would attract so much more negative attention than the average bland metal-ish band

They went from relatively decent metalcore to Metallica-whoring thrash. There.

Edit: And there music is unbearable.
whats so unbearable about it? music just seems non descript.... with nothing distinct that makes it worse than all the other bands that nobody singles out and makes fun of

Why should we not hate non-descript bands with nothing distinct that separates them from other shit bands?

Why should we not hate non-descript bands with nothing distinct that separates them from other shit bands?

its not general disdain for the band by itself, its in relation to other bands.... people go WAY out of their way to single out this one band.... I hear people bring it up out of thin air in a music conversation "oh yeah, trivium sucks really bad" when nobody had even bothered to mention them prior to that sort of remark

of all the other bands that are not noteworthy in any sense, why does trivium get so much attention?

Because there's two levels of sucktitude. One is where you're just a crappy band and you may get better or worse.

Then there's another level that you suck so much that whenever you walk, semen flows from your lips like a waterfall, and you constantly have a tree up your ass where trolls live and have little troll babies. Everyone loves you but deep down inside, you're just a cock-thirsty whore who likes to suck up the cash like you would with ol' Fred down 68th avenue.

Guess where Trivium falls.

Because there's two levels of sucktitude. One is where you're just a crappy band and you may get better or worse.

Then there's another level that you suck so much that whenever you walk, semen flows from your lips like a waterfall, and you constantly have a tree up your ass where trolls live and have little troll babies. Everyone loves you but deep down inside, you're just a cock-thirsty whore who likes to suck up the cash like you would with ol' Fred down 68th avenue.

their music isn't that bad.... its just not good

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, and given that this is a shit thread, I figured I might as well do it here. Would you mind going over the images in your signature? I know most of them (Kroda, Celtic Frost, Deep Purple, Gontyna Kry, Skyclad, slayer, Morbid Angel, etc.), but a few of them, especially the people, I'm not familiar with, at least by image.

Because they're popular, genius. Popular + sucking = lots of slagging.

are they really that popular?

I'd never heard of them before (granted I'm not a music scenester of any sort) until I heard many people repeatedly complain about them... not once have I heard someone say they are good

is it maybe a younger crowd thats enjoying them?

I can't stand their vocals. I realize they have talent and it is still really just not for me. I just think it's strange the band is all about old school metal and thinking they are metal while not having metal style vocals when they could have probably found a good metal front man.

Trivium just seem like the band that formed to try and sell as many cds as fast as possible.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, and given that this is a shit thread, I figured I might as well do it here. Would you mind going over the images in your signature? I know most of them (Kroda, Celtic Frost, Deep Purple, Gontyna Kry, Skyclad, slayer, Morbid Angel, etc.), but a few of them, especially the people, I'm not familiar with, at least by image.

Row 1:
Kroda
Vo Skorbyah
Thy Catafalque (sad that this band is virtually unknown)
Dvorak
Judas Preist
Beherit
Absurd
Spear Of Longinus
Countess
Morbid Angel

Row 2:
Wagner
The Exploited
Schubert
Deicide
The Meads Of Asphodel
King Crimson
Malefaction
Impaled Nazarene
Genocide Organ
Possessed

Row 3:
Deep Purple
Watchmaker
Whitehouse
Gontyna Kry
Slayer
Dead Can Dance
Celtic Frost
Klaus Schulze
Villa-Lobos
Skyclad

Oh yeah, also they go on about how they are such a true metal band while touring exclusively with whatever economically viable metalcore acts their label can find.

I enjoyed that sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.