I didn't know metal bands have cinematic elements in music videos still?

DeathByDeath

Dec 11, 2008
Awesome music video released today from the band TetraFusion, fucking sick band. Vocals are a little soft for the style but work well. Almost like a Tool-ish vibe:

What you think of these guys?

video here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit song i'm afraid, i don't know how it could really be posted on a metal forum haha, i can't stand them vocals, they're the worst part for me

Wow, i think that was a poor attempt at self promotion

I think you guys should make the writing process of a song a bit longer then 15 minuets if you aim to record it and make a video out of it ;/

What am I self-promoting?...I don't know these guys. I only saw this from the Djentleman FB page or whatever, thought it was a good post.

lol i know these guys in the op

love the riffy bit where the drummer's doing hi-hat in the recording, but he's beating the crap out of a crash in the video

The new Dagoba vid has a pretty neat storyline thing going on, and being a conceptual band I always appreciate it over some generic (especially if it's just come cleche playing in a warehouse thing) performance video. The only problem with these things is you want them to do the rest of the album that way so you can watch the whole story... which never happens (unless you're Pink Floyd in 1983). :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Original video: The song could be interesting with a better mix. The guitars sound awful.
Egans video: Awesome. I'd actually be interested in some more information on that one.

That rhythm guitar sounded like it was recorded with a mic'd up ISO cab, ughh.
If it was actually a 4x12, fuck knows how they managed to get it to sound so boxy.

I dunno, it's like this band should be good because obviously they're skilled musicians, but somehow it just doesn't work.
Vocals just don't sound right for it.

On the other hand, Daylight Dies = pure pwnage.

That rhythm guitar sounded like it was recorded with a mic'd up ISO cab, ughh.
If it was actually a 4x12, fuck knows how they managed to get it to sound so boxy.

I dunno, it's like this band should be good because obviously they're skilled musicians, but somehow it just doesn't work.
Vocals just don't sound right for it.

On the other hand, Daylight Dies = pure pwnage.

they have a couple of studio updates on youtube, looks like they used a 4x12 cab and all. i think it sounds great apparently, it's different, more airy, doesn't sound like the usual super compressed processed distortion (which is, don't get me wrong, great, but i like the current tone as well).