i don't hear it

U

Unregistereds

http://basementbar.com/DefaultN1.asp?GoTo=CurrSelN1.asp?ID=1022&Page=Current

this guy (who used to post on the old board, maybe this one too, i don't know) says WD does death metal vocals on "seed awakening."

'The riff at the beginning of the closer, “Seed Awakening,” is a laser and then the band launches into more bludgeoning thrash. The beats Williams is playing here I’ve never heard before. And then something truly spectacular occurs. Warrel utilizes death vocals for the first time in his career. The chorus breaks the shock—it is noble, grooving and will stick in your head for a long time. At the end, though, Warrel is back with the death vox, and it feels like a portent to me, a sign of what they might show us next.'

what's he talking about, willis?

As far as i can hear, Warrel uses the same techniques as always.
Death vocals are something totally different, to me.
This guy makes it sound like it's totally "refreshing" that they are grooving..As far as i know, Nevermore is always grooving!
And for the beats Van is playing...it sounds to me he's changing between
16- and 32- (damn, how do i state measures in english? I don't have a clue!! haha! :lol: ) well, i hope it makes sense this way.. And well, in between, Van juggles with triplets... which is one of his best qualities, THAT is refreshing and keeps me alert as a listener.
"The beats Williams is playing here I’ve never heard before"...
In my opinion? I think Van is more groovin and juggling with the measures in "Never Purify" then in Seed Awakening...
Van sputters through the song there, i love how it comes through!
Ah, maybe i am talking non-sense here or this guy has no clue of what he's saying...WHATEVER!!!
He doesn't make sense to me, that's for sure.

-x-
Iris

nckissfan said:
there are a couple of "death metal" type guitar lines in some of the songs. They remind me of Obituary or Six Feet Under.

yeah, the verse sounds like something by behemoth on zos kia cultos. didn't see the death vocals though, unless it's what wolftribe is talking about--but isn't that similar to what WD did on some parts of "sound of silence"?

Iris said:
As far as i can hear, Warrel uses the same techniques as always.
Death vocals are something totally different, to me.
This guy makes it sound like it's totally "refreshing" that they are grooving..As far as i know, Nevermore is always grooving!
And for the beats Van is playing...it sounds to me he's changing between
16- and 32- (damn, how do i state measures in english? I don't have a clue!! haha! :lol: ) well, i hope it makes sense this way.. And well, in between, Van juggles with triplets... which is one of his best qualities, THAT is refreshing and keeps me alert as a listener.
"The beats Williams is playing here I’ve never heard before"...
In my opinion? I think Van is more groovin and juggling with the measures in "Never Purify" then in Seed Awakening...
Van sputters through the song there, i love how it comes through!
Ah, maybe i am talking non-sense here or this guy has no clue of what he's saying...WHATEVER!!!
He doesn't make sense to me, that's for sure.

-x-
Iris

you mean 16th and 32nd notes? that is, 16 notes of equal duration per a 4/4 measure for the former, and 32 per measure for the later.

anyone notice that "who decides" is in waltz time, 3/4? thought that was pretty cool.

Unregistereds said:
you mean 16th and 32nd notes? that is, 16 notes of equal duration per a 4/4 measure for the former, and 32 per measure for the later.

anyone notice that "who decides" is in waltz time, 3/4? thought that was pretty cool.

Thank you!! That's what i meant! *phew*
And no, i didn't...after i've listened to Symphony x, i'll try if i can catch that psychotic waltz...
How cool! see? EoR is so full of surprises!! :D

-x-
Iris

Nah, it made sense but i didn't noticed it was a waltz..
*Sways along the strings*

-x-
Iris