i got offered a trade...

TheIllicitOne

Ik ben lekker...
Feb 21, 2006
los angeles
So as everyone knows, I have been trying to sell my 6505+. I was contacted via email from a guy wanting to trade heads up for a Krank Rev 1 head that's stuck on the distortion channel. It changes channels if you use the footswitch. I have never played a rev 1 and don't have the time to find one to try out. Would this be a wise trade?

A used Rev1 is worth like $650-700 used in working condition. If it's stuck on one channel without the footswitch that's probably a super easy fix but it really depends on if you're happy with your 6505+ or not. I like both amps but tend to gravitate more towards the 6505. The Rev1 is INSTANT As I Lay Dying - Shadows are Security tone with the standard EMG/OD808/Mesa cab setup, but that's about all it can really do.

Actually you've got a point there, Lasse; it was passives. It's still got that "almost 5150, almost Recto, almost Marshall" vibe going on to me; great amp, just kind of similar to the 5150 in that it does one sound incredible well and the rest aren't so good IMO.

I think you would like the rev1 but you would also miss the 6505+ to the point where you'll want your 6505+ back. Remember the expression "if it ain't broken don't fix it" If you're happy with your 6505+ don't bother w it. Try and have both amps and call it a day.