I guess Bush is gone?

That's pretty sick. I always liked Danny Spitz...him and Scotty made a good guitar duo...2 short stubby mother fuckers moshing around and big tall lanky-ass Frank Bello on bass...brings back some cool memories of the Headbanger's Ball Tour with Exodus, Helloween and Anthrax...

JB

I really hope the lineup will do make great songs, apart for cashing in on the past glory... Not that I mind it, no, it's my excellent opportunity to see their classic lineup. But I'd like it to be more than just live reunion thing... Who knows if there's any magic from the 80's left among them...

I am just very happy if Bush disappears as a vocalist in Anthrax. His voice doesn't do shit for me. I can hear he has a good voice and that he can control it really well. I just don't like it. I have the same with Amored Saint. Excellent band. But that voice...

I liked Joey, but he was nothing special imho. As far as I am concerned, they should get a singer with a strong voice and start making some thrash and speed metal songs again! I feel liking moshing around like a beast! Its been to long. In my modest opinion they wimped out the last decade and a half!
Time to rip it up again!

Hawk said:
I am just very happy if Bush disappears as a vocalist in Anthrax. His voice doesn't do shit for me. I can hear he has a good voice and that he can control it really well. I just don't like it. I have the same with Amored Saint. Excellent band. But that voice...

Man, not a fan huh?!

I liked Joey, but he was nothing special imho. As far as I am concerned, they should get a singer with a strong voice and start making some thrash and speed metal songs again! I feel liking moshing around like a beast! Its been to long. In my modest opinion they wimped out the last decade and a half!
Time to rip it up again!

Joey is nothing special, this won't last though. I guess playing to 10 people wasn't paying the bills for Joey & Dan's life as a clock repairman wasn't making him money either... what am I talking about?! Anthrax in general haven't exactly been selling out arenas or clubs for that matter! Fuck 'em both!

see red!

I'll look forward to this reunion if it's seen through. I hope they start writing good songs again :)

sixxswine said:

First I thought it was about George, then Kate, then I realize who it was :lol:

The Anthrax reunion was "old story" but mainly for some gigs in Europe, I guess some money talks with some much reunions these days.

As for John, I hope really hard that he picks Joey along, go and find Gonzo, Phil and Jeff and pick where "Revelation" ended. That'll be a reunion I'd like to see.

TSoWN is my favorite Anthrax release, but every thing else they did with Bush was pretty poor. TO be honest, as with many other aging bands, I think the creative well may have dried up for Anthrax. I hope I am wrong, but I haven't heard anything I like from them in many many years.

Bryant

Hawk said:
Indeed it would. My favorite AS album is "Delirious Nomad" great disc!

Really?

Few people I have seen pick another than the debut. I'm with "Symbol Of Salvation", with the debut closing in. The rest of the collection is nice, but I got it just for completism.

sixxswine said:
Symbol is excellent, but I lean toward Raising Fear! It's the first "Saint" record I ever bought.

That was my first too.
I'm somewhat interessted in the reunion with Anthrax and will see them on Swedenrock festival...but Armoured saint would be very cool.

I wonder if that Anthrax lineup will last...could be the last of them befor they hanging up the guitars..

Bryant said:
TSoWN is my favorite Anthrax release, but every thing else they did with Bush was pretty poor. TO be honest, as with many other aging bands, I think the creative well may have dried up for Anthrax. I hope I am wrong, but I haven't heard anything I like from them in many many years.

Bryant

I actually like most of Volume 8 and thought "We've Come for You All" was great. It looked like things were looking up for this band after years of turmoil and label BS. They were a touring monster the last couple years. I seen them three times and they were great all three. I think Bush is just taking a break for a year or two to raise his new kid. It works out for everyone, except Rob. Maybe he can take a cookoo clock repair course or something? :loco:

Aethyrs said:
I wonder if that Anthrax lineup will last...could be the last of them befor they hanging up the guitars..
I doubt it will last & I hope like hell John has a project in the "works" so when Scott Ian comes calling he declines coming back! It's time they stop this non-sense & have enough pride to call it a career!

I think reuniting the classic line up and then split-up will be a very decent way to put the band to rest if time comes.

Wyvern said:
Really?

Few people I have seen pick another than the debut. I'm with "Symbol Of Salvation", with the debut closing in. The rest of the collection is nice, but I got it just for completism.

I'm with you brother Vern !!! My first was "March of the Saint" but SoS, was their best to me. "Reighn of Fire" might be the best song they ever wrote. That album was powermetal like it is supposed to be done.

Bryant