I hate my president (flame me, patriotic bastards)

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Bush Administration Moves to Dismantle National Head Start Program, Violates Advocates' First Amendment Rights

In a move ardently opposed by Head Start teachers and parents, Bush has proposed turning Head Start—the national non-profit organization that works to meet the educational and health needs of one million at-risk American children—over to individual states. Leaders and members of the National Head Start Association contend that the states, which are already cutting much-needed services due to inadequate finances, are not equipped to fill Head Start's role. Advocates of the Head Start program reportedly maintain that Bush's plan will result in "a hodgepodge of inconsistent and untested state government programs." In an unprecedented attempt to silence these critiques and others, the Bush administration reportedly sent a letter to all Head Start programs threatening them with legal action and the loss of grant funding if they voiced disapproval of the plan. In response to this letter, the National Head Start Association filed a civil lawsuit against the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for infringing upon its right to free speech.

Pyrus said:
Yep, Bush is a lying, evil, fuck...but that's okay, because he's our president, so everything he's doing must be right. Free speech? Who needs it?

during his term i think its more: the constitution, who need it??