I have to put my dog to sleep today.

I feel for you man. I've never had a dog myself - but my ex had a dog when we were still together. The dog had to be put to sleep and it was devastating for me... even though I had only known the dog for a few years. I can only imagine what my ex felt like, she was like 6 when her folks got that dog.

It also sucks that no one understands what you're going through unless they know what it's like to have a dog... We kept hearing stuff like "well you can always get a new one?" etc.

Im sorry dude. ;/
We have had 2 dogs and 4 cats put down through the years, and those have been some of the worst days in my life.

Oh god, I recall chatting with you and you telling me that on tour you would be away from Grizzley and that he was getting worse. :(

I'm truly saddened to hear that.

My heart goes out to you man, I know the feeling all too well. A dog becomes much more than a pet and it's just crushing when they go

Thanks dudes. I just felt like sharing cause I know everyone on here is basically an animal lover. I cried for the first time in years. It was the worst moment I've had in a while. But he was a huge dog weighing 130 at his prime and he lived a long, good life. He lived long for his size. I'll miss the fuck outta him though. He bit so many people that tried to act a fool.. He was like me as a dog.

23433_2320109361255_1205160019_100340623_6542229_n.jpg

I had to put mine down a few months ago...As gay as it sounds I kept one of his toys and refuse to let my other dog go within a 10 foot radius of it..It didnt even hit me at first, one night like 2 weeks later In the middle of a conversation i just started bawling..Sorry man, It does get easier over time though