I haven't been excited about an instrumental release in ages...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
(Except if you lump Perturbator into that category!)

I pre-ordered this album from Jason Richardson a while back when he had one of those indiegogo/kickstarter deals. He's played with a few bands that didn't come close to doing him justice "musician" wise (in my opinion).

The first video/single has been released, and I'm having a hard time describing it in a way that does it justice. I haven't been this excited about an instrumental since hearing Tony Macalpine's "Maximum Security" (if this song is any indication).

I haven't seen fingers move this fast (and clean) since Michael Romeo. What I love about this though, is it isn't a wank fest. He knows how to let the tune breath, and let his playing breath. It's a song, not a 5-6 minute solo. The style is a great mix of various metal genres rolled into one, which for me, creates something pretty damn special and different than what others out there are doing. I'd love to hear what everyone else thinks of this one:

(I'm not completely familiar with the drummer but he has some pretty tasty playing as well, and 320k subs so he must be doing something right...)

Reactions: RedStorm
(I'm not completely familiar with the drummer but he has some pretty tasty playing as well, and 320k subs so he must be doing something right...)
He's well known for doing Skrillex so that must have something to do with it... Nice drumming in that clip anyway.