I Heard Dark Tranquillity Are The Sh*t...

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I'm a big fan of Opeth and In Flames. They are two of my favourite bands and I have all of their CD's.

For me, discovering these bands was like discovering gold! I had riches in my hands! And it was mine! Mine meaning that nobody knew of these bands and it seemed like I was the only one into it.

Not that I wouldn't mind seeing either one of these bands get really big, but having them all to myself was a cool thing.

Anyway...when I mention these two bands at this website and other message boards, the name Dark Tranquillity always comes up. I also read in a magazine that Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth raved about Dark Tranquillity, saying he was 'blown away' by their music.

If that's the case, then these guys MUST be the sh*t.

Most have told me that THE GALLERY is their premiere work. Is this so? I've seen it at my local record store and thought seriously about getting it.

Thanks, all!

KPR

I have all DT albums. As a matter of fact, Dark Tranquillity was the band that got me into extreme Swedish metal, and rank among one of my favorite bands of all time.

The Gallery is a great place to start, but Damage Done can't be ignored either. Actually, all their albums are worth it.

If you appreciate progressive songwriting, The Gallery is definatly the place to start, and it also includes their most technical performance as a band. Of all their albums, it's also considered their definative classic, although I personally prefer The Mind's I.

jump the gun, overlord purple bubu.
the gallery is surely their most appreciated album, plus everything ormir said. (except that i like skydancer and projector best, but anyway). you won't be disappointed, and if you are at least selling the gallery will turn out to be fairly easy. ;)

rahvin. (the dw*rf)

My favourite band was Opeth.
Till i discovered Dark Tranquillity. ;)

You should get the Gallery asap and then get back here and tell us what you think. :)

Siren (welcome aboard :wave: )

I never heard Mikael raved about DT! o_O

Thats cool man! I love DT, sinking my musical metaphorical 'teeth' into Projector currently. Excellent album! :)

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
I also read in a magazine that Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth raved about Dark Tranquillity, saying he was 'blown away' by their music.
I am not surprised. I still cannot make up my brains that were mercilessly blown up by the Dark Tranquillity. :zombie: :loco: