I heard something about Veggie today.....

I recant! Saint Vitus is awesome. After reading their lyrics along with the tracks, thanks to Pate's suggestion, I have discovered that they are a completely different level of awesome. And after listening to their compilation three or four times in a row over the past 24 hours, the vocals have grown on me.

<3 teh Wino

Wait...you have time to actually listen to music while at Bradley?

HOW??? *never had time for anything cool like that. And when she did the girls across the hall complained because her music was "too loud." But it was okay for THEM to blast Evanescence at ungodly hours of the morning*

Oh yeah, I listen to music all the time while I work. Like right now, I've got Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer on, with Dio - Holy Diver lined up next, followed by Savatage - Poets and Madmen. I play music a lot during the day. Everybody who comes into my room suffers it. None of my friends mind, as it drowns out the rap and other junk that gets played on our floor.

Yeah, SV is definitely not the best of all time.
Hell, I would actually take both the Obsessed and Hidden Hand over them anyday of the week.
(And for the record, I do love SV)

Doom bands... Doom bands...

Iommi (Fused) > Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath through Sabotage) > Candlemass > Solitude Aeturnus > Iommi (1996 DEP Sessions) > Saint Vitus > Electric Wizard > Wall of Sleep > Cathedral > Wrath of Ragnarok

And that being said... Iommi is amazing; yet Cathedral is awesome too. There's no "sucky" on that list, except for an album here or there (like I'm not a giant fan of the Candlemass S/T album, except for the first 3 tracks), and I haven't heard everything by all of them.

:)