I just heard the San Francisco Show tomorrow night is canceled

I feel bad for all the fans in all the places on this FUBAR tour, but I hope everyone is sensible enough to realize this isn't Blind Guardian's fault. If you're looking to point fingers, face Century Media's direction. The band only goes where they're told when they're told.

You'd think a label as large as CM would have organized this better for Blind Guardian's first North American tour. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Damn...I guess i'll just mirror everyone else's responses and state that my buddies and i were REALLY looking forward to this show. Now i gotta call them and break the news. Was there any info on refunds or anything?

I haven't heard how they will deal with refunds, but I will find out and let you know in the next couple hours, okay? This isn't really Century Media's fault when you look at it either. It wasn't their fault the stupid club in San Antonio lied about having the right electrical stuff or that the part for the bus didn't arrive in Seattle like it was supposed to. Stuff just happens.

I called Ticketfusion and refunds will be taken care of as soon as the Pound makes it official. In my case I used a credit card that I lost at PPUSA and they are going to send me a check back.

As for Blind Guardian or Century Media, they should have had a back up plan in case anything like this happens bottom line. They had well over 24 hours in advance to get down here by either another bus or plane or whatever means possible, not sure how many shows were sold out on this tour but SF was one of them and there will be alot of very disapointed individuals.

Bear

Gah, I had a ticket for that show too...All I know is that the show in LA better damned well be played. I've been looking forward to it for months. Anyway, I don't think there should really be any animosity toward BG. It's not their fault that all this bad fortune is befalling them.

Century Media is not the ones that "run" the tour. They are the MONEY for the tour. They have a booking agent that books the shows. The tour bus company didn't have another bus to give them, that's why they sent the part to them. It is their fault, if anyone's, that this show isn't happening. The Pound is still trying to decide how to go about refunds and whatnot.