I just saw Dream Theater

Pavelent

Feb 16, 2007
California
and it was seriously the best concert I have ever been to. Into Eternity was there, but their sound was horrible. Redemption was okay, but nobody could hear the lead guitarist, and the sound was also bad for them. But once Dream Theater went on stage, the sound was perfect, and the entire performance was a standing ovation.

Setlist:
Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Blind Faith
Scarred
Surrounded
The Dark Eternal Night
Keyboard solo
Lines In the Sand
The Spirit Carries On
In The Presence of Enemies pt 1
In The Presence of Enemies pt 2

Encore:
Trial of Tears
Finally Free
Learning To Live
In The Name of God
Octavarium

All the songs in the encore had sections of them combined into one sexy song.

I highly recommend going to one of the shows on this tour.

p.s. bring a lighter for the spirit carries one, I had to use my ipod :(

there are far better live bands than dream theater.

That's good to know :rolleyes:

I wanted to see Dream Theater here in Phoenix, but the tickets had sold out before I could buy them. I think they are having additional shows after their tour, so I plan on seeing them then.

On a side note, from watching several videos on youtube, it seems Petrucci can't seem to nail that Constant Motion solo. To OP, was he able to play it when you saw them?

The Spirit Carries On:(

:worship: :worship: :worship:

...!!!!.....they were showing that SCORE DVD in HD on a calbe channel....and I recorded teh whole show...its so good....live i havent seen anymore more perfect...they have it down to teh T .....realy good stuff....and yeah Spirit carries if my fav song.....what can I say...im a sucker for a good melody.....hahaha...!!!!....PEAC EOUT

Never saw DT live. They better be good live, because in the studio, they haven't done anything original in years. From the beginning, I was never all that impressed with this band. That said, they are all excellent musicians and have all my respect. I think they should incorprate some "new blood." You know, tell LaBrie to get another job. Maybe he could sing for Poison or Warrant. His vocals are the weakest point of this band. And your only as strong as your weakest link.

When I saw them at Gigantour the weak link was Labrie's vocals, he was not on point and out of key I expected better. On the other hand Petrucci and the band hit the nail on the head with the music and played well, but I got to say Megadeth kicked their ass that night though.

i saw dt in 2002 and i'm glad i did back then cos it was a good show, but every album they've put out since has been mediocre. so i'm afraid i find that setlist pretty boring

anyway that 02 show i saw was pretty good i must say, and they're releasing it on dvd thru portnoy's ytsejam label i think

:worship: :worship: :worship:

...!!!!.....they were showing that SCORE DVD in HD on a calbe channel....and I recorded teh whole show...its so good....live i havent seen anymore more perfect...they have it down to teh T .....realy good stuff....and yeah Spirit carries if my fav song.....what can I say...im a sucker for a good melody.....hahaha...!!!!....PEAC EOUT

shut the FUCK UP! STOP TYPING LIKE A SCREW UP

Saw them last night in Chicago (well Rosemont actually). They would be a very good band if LaBrie would NEVER open his mouth! Everytime he sang I was cringing. Into Eternity was very good, and I was impressed with Redemption, they were probably the highlight of the evening for me. DT can pull off some wicked instrumental stuff, but a lot of their set was moderately boring, and at times excruciating (like the balld crap, eg "Spirit Carries On", I felt like I was at a bad 80's rock concert during that "song", yuk!). Great venue and good sound (for most of the evening, IE had a tough time for the first half of their set). I wonder if anyone actually enjoys the sound of LaBrie's voice, or they just tolerate it because of the high quality music behind him...

Fucking awesome setlist. If only they'd ditch Panic Attack... only weak song on there!