i just saw Mel Gibson and the Pants

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
and talked to Ben afterward. he is going to be in NYC until Sunday and so plans to come to the KD show on Saturday!

they are very different from kayo dot, but I thought they were pretty good. all the descriptions I can think of make them sound kind of crappy, but the gestalt wasn't. like ummm really bassy indie-pop with a rapper. some parts like the notwist. but with a rapper. some parts like a smart 311.

you see what I mean? but they are neat. five white guys (guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, and effects) backing a black dude who raps while clutching at his CMJ pass.

I got this in the package that contained my copy of their album:

mgpletter2lw.jpg

Thought it was kinda cool.

Also, The Notwist + a rapper = 13 & God, pretty much.

I think I've noticed a few similarities between MGP and The Notwist, though I can't really agree or disagree with the 311 comparison since I've only heard a song or two when I've been with friends who still listen to the radio. I hope they come to the Tampa Bay area sometime soon.

actually The Notwist + rapper is a lot different fromThe Notwist + Dose One, because he's pretty much way different than any other rapper in the world.