I made Tandoori-style chicken with spoiled soy yogurt the other night

It should because the bacteria should have been more potent and should have broken down even more the proteins in your chicken. It probably had the effect of leaving your chicken in the "unspoiled" yogurt longer than usual.

Anyway, anytime you cook the tandoori chicken you kill the yogurt with heat so its no biggie.

We had some salmon tonight over at my moms that didn't agree with me. I love salmon muchly, but something about the way she cooked it was just unpleasant. She put it on the grill inside aluminum foil after marinating it in some herbs and spices sauce. It just tasted far too fishy in a very bad way. I think that would've been remedied had it been directly on the grill instead of in the foil (which I personally think only makes good fish when it's used for baking). Whatever the reason, I've been feeling queasy a bit since though I haven't thrown up. Guess it's good that I didn't eat too much.

yes mindspell, that's exactly what i was guessing might happen, which is why i went ahead and used yogurt that had a sept29 expiration date. also, i understand that when you use American yogurt in Indian dishes, you're sometimes advised to mix a little sour cream in with it in order to emulate the sourness of proper Indian yogurt. which i didn't do, and i think this had the same effect.

xfer said:
American yogurt in Indian dishes, you're sometimes advised to mix a little sour cream in with it in order to emulate the sourness of proper Indian yogurt.
I read that and I never bothered to do that really. We have a yogurt shop around here that does some of the best organic yogurt and it is widely available in the Montreal area. Because of the nature of the product they do their products are only available in the larger cities of Quebec, for obvious freshness purposes. With that quality yogurt, and it is a little more sour than the mainstream stuff, I never bother.

I have successfully made a exact copy of a friend's mother Labneh with that yogurt, which tells you how good it is.