I miss you Chuck Schuldiner

augdawg2

F.U.2 Master
Feb 6, 2002
Dawgland
www.geocities.com
I know this is old news, but I'm still in disbelief about our good old friend Chuck Schuldiner. I was listening to Death, Human today, god what a inspirational musician we have lost!

Note: this thread is over 4 years old

I just so happened to click the last page of this forum to see what was there and found this...

Augdawg made this thread not even 2 months after Chuck died, I guess it hit home kinda hard when I noticed that. I appreciate seeing the emotion shown in the original post...

For those of you not so familiar with the name Chuck Schuldiner, which most of you do I'd assume, he was the song writer, singer, founder, lead guitar player, and virtuoso of the band Death.

He is a true legend of metal music. It's almost fun to listen to the Death albums in chronological order... you are able to witness it all... the innovation at the beginning... being one of the pioneers of death metal... to witness the man and his music truly progress... more original... more mature... more creative... better songwriting... more complex music... more emotion, especially with the solos... more technical... more adventerous and progressive... his voice develops from a gore-style screaming and yelling into a Slayer-esque raspy higher register yell...

This man took himself and his music to a whole new level EVERY TIME he released an album, and continuously just kept improving and improving and pushing the musical envelope, up until his unfortunate death while recording the second Control Denied album. He was a true inspiration and man of integrity. Here's to you Chuck. I bump this thread as a show of appreciation.

Yeah, how long has it been since they said they were going to make that tribute? There was a lot of news about it for awhile and then all of sudden it just kinda stopped being talked about:confused: .

In the book, "Choosing Death," they talk about how a teenage Chuck Schuldiner would send pictures of dead rats to Trey Azagthoth (later of Morbid Angel) . Yes, I'm aware that the name of a written publication is supposed to be underlined, but that feature on the message board wouldn't work.

MyHatred said:
Yeah, how long has it been since they said they were going to make that tribute? There was a lot of news about it for awhile and then all of sudden it just kinda stopped being talked about:confused: .
There's an old post on James Murphy's forum (it's on the UM forum) saying that it should be ready "first quarter 2006", but that's come and gone.

Thrillho said:
any word on whatever happened to the unrealesed control denied stuff?

this is from wikipedia:

Despite his passing, his legacy lives on through his fans and his recordings. However, a legal battle is in progress on the settlement of the rights to the partially completed second Control Denied album. Part of these incomplete recordings were released in the Zero Tolerance two-part compilation of Chuck's b-sides and unreleased tracks.