I need batteries/AC-adapter - is this US site "legit"?

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
I've ordered a Panasonic DMC-FZ38 (known as FZ35 in the US) to document all the stuff I will be doing for my project when I start it soon. Gonna throw a YouTube channel up and try updating it with a new video every now and then and get people's interest in it and yada yada.. I'm sure it'll be great fun!

So anyway, Panasonic's batteries and AC-adapter costs A SHIIIIIIIIIIT LOAD. So I searched around for cheap batteries and a cheap AC-adapter (for continous power while the camera is stationary) in Sweden but I could only find batteries. I then found www.bestbatt.com which seems to be a site primarily aimed for sales in the states but they ship internationally. I just thought if anybody here knew about it and any potential "rumors" about the site?

Thanks in advance dudes!

Just a little side note:

For the price of 1 original Panasonic AC-adapter, I can get 1 clone adapter and 5 clone batteries AND shipping from that site. I guess the clone batteries will suck in the long run but the adapter itself should still be worth the money. An adapter is an adapter... I don't think there will be much of a downside in using a clone adapter since there isn't much that can "break" or "run out" in it. The batteries though... remains to be seen. Still, it's nice to have 5 extra batteries haha =D

You totally can find a suitable AC adapter from Sweden. It would be impossible NOT to find one.

Also, remember that the power sockets they use in US are of different type than the ones used in Europe. You could use an adapter, but I would find it inconvenient.

You totally can find a suitable AC adapter from Sweden. It would be impossible NOT to find one.

Also, remember that the power sockets they use in US are of different type than the ones used in Europe. You could use an adapter, but I would find it inconvenient.

Well I searched online through 5-6 stores and they all only had batteries. I'll give it another try tonight.

Yeah I'm aware of that but it says that the AC adapter is suited for international use so I'm assuming they've included some gadget to make it work. Otherwise I'll just go with an adapter for that too... can get it from the same site for less than 2$ :)

Look from those all-around stores that sell cheapo stuff, you should find one. Are there stores by the name Clas Ohlson? I have a hunch that company is swedish, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I'd look there the very first.

This site is also worth browsing for stuff like that - cheap stuff and free shipping

http://www.dealextreme.com/

Yeah looked at Clas Ohlsson and dealextreme but neither of them had the adapter, only batteries.

Dealextreme seems nice though... free shipping worldwide? Sounds fake but if it's true, I'll order a handful of batteries from there anyway!

bestbatt worked out well for me in the past. I needed to replace the AC adapter for my old laptop due to a cat-chewing incident, and I was able to grab one for about half price. FWIW, I didn't have problems, but I only did it once.

Erkan if its a power adaptor from the US you might run into problems

1: the socket wont fit

2: most importantly the usa uses 110v 60htz, in europe we use 220-240 50htz

what adaptor exactly is it? maybe i can find one in ireland for you

bestbatt worked out well for me in the past. I needed to replace the AC adapter for my old laptop due to a cat-chewing incident, and I was able to grab one for about half price. FWIW, I didn't have problems, but I only did it once.

Nice to hear! I've read some comments online about them and it seems to be pretty good. Haven't read about any scams and that is what I was worried about.

Erkan if its a power adaptor from the US you might run into problems

1: the socket wont fit

2: most importantly the usa uses 110v 60htz, in europe we use 220-240 50htz

what adaptor exactly is it? maybe i can find one in ireland for you

https://www.bestbatt.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BBDMWAC7

At the bottom it says it's suited for world wide use / international use. I guess it should be fine.. or something? :) Anyway the Panasonic's original adapter's name is DMW-AC7. Googled for a couple of hours with no luck from Sweden. The shipping from bestbatt is only 23$ though, it's totally not bad at all.

I also added an european socket adapter in case it wouldn't fit. But still, as you say though, I don't know what the 50/60hz issue is gonna be like but if they claim it's suited for international use it better fucking be!