I need mp3 help!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Can anyone out there help me find creeds new song "my sacrifice" ? It was released today, but only to people with creed pagers, so I downloaded it and it doesnt work. So I went looking on audiogalaxy and every creed site I could and noone has it, yet I keep reading on the bulletin board about people who have it, and now I cant access the bulletin board so I cant find out where it is, im going CRAZY!

Yes, I know most of you dont like creed, but I dont care :p :)

Morpheus (and who DARES name a mere computer programme after Neil Gaiman's immortal Lord of Dreams, BTW?) is available for download from www.musiccity.com

Quite useless for my purposes, but then again I wasn't looking for Creed. They're quite good mind you, despite the singer's 'orrible voice. As far as that kind of music goes, I much prefer Fuel.
"Shimmer", anyone?

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Morpheus (and who DARES name a mere computer programme after Neil Gaiman's immortal Lord of Dreams, BTW?) is available for download from www.musiccity.com

Quite useless for my purposes, but then again I wasn't looking for Creed. They're quite good mind you, despite the singer's 'orrible voice. As far as that kind of music goes, I much prefer Fuel.
"Shimmer", anyone?

W

And who dares use the word programme for a computer program. Programme is a MADE UP WORD DAMMIT. IT'S NOT A REAL WORD, AND IT GIVES ME THE RIGHT IRRITS WHEN SOMEONE USES IT! Wrath, you dissapoint me. I thought you'd know better.

I like fuel too! Creeds better, but fuel is great as well, check out 3 doors downs album as well if you dont mind either of those bands!
I got morpheus and Im downloading the track now, and Sandmans bloody great wrathy (though im only up to book 5 so far)

Phloggy: Well excuse me for spelling properly :p. It's the price I pay for being a snobby, pretentious, overeducated Anglophile :lol:

Spawn: Sandman does indeed rule. If I remember correctly, Book 5 is A Game of You. It's one of the most self-contained volumes of the series, and therefore still makes sense if you haven't read the whole lot. Pick up "Death: The Time of Your Life" to see what becomes of Hazel and Foxglove.

I first read Sandman (via a friend) in 1997, and hardly bought any CDs the next year because I was busy spending $400 on my own copies! From there it was just a hop, skip and a jump to such other comic book masterpieces as Watchmen, V For Vendetta, Sin City and From Hell. Have you read many of those?

W

Ive got all the volumes of sandman up to 5, getting more soon :)

Sin City is AWESOME!! Ive got them all. All of them are brilliant, Frank Miller is one of the best artists and writers ever! His batman work is fantastic as well.

Watchmen Ive got and read twice, it was much better the second time oddly, brilliant work, a lot of stuff I missed first time through was clearer on the second go, any of the transmetropolitan books by the same author are pretty good as well. Rosharch RULES, I like his style :)

From hell was great, bit heavy going sometimes though, but it was *really* well researched, you know that a film was made of it and its coming out soon?

Havent read v for vendetta though.......

Other stuff I read is Spawn (probably guessed that though??) The darkness, preacher, planetary, spiderman, batman, spawn dark ages, conan (every now and again), warlands, dungeons and dragons, powers, sam and twitch and some others I cant remember at the moment. Yes I know, I spend too much on comics and cds.

All hail me, King Geek! :D

Speaking of Dungeons and Dragons (well, not really, but Spawny did mention it in passing, in a totally unrelated fashion), does anyone play the game? Or other RPGs?

I didn't know Alan Moore wrote Transmetropolitan :confused: . I'd have thought after his falling out with DC he'd never work for them again.

From Hell is macabre, fascinating and even hilarious in spots:

"Are you Oscar Wilde the writer?"

"Oh good heavens no, *AWFUL* fellow. I'm Oscar Wilde the florist. Over here we have Mr James McNeil Whistler, who I believe keeps a tripe stall in Mile End."

:lol:

Can't wait for the movie either!

If you enjoyed From Hell, you might also like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Completely different type of story, but the writing style is very similar. Even the letter columns are entertaining.

Back to the land of Vertigo, you simply cannot go past House of Secrets . I read this series immediately after finishing Sandman, and while some of the characters were a bit grungy and stereotypical, it was still pretty damn good. The first five issues were collected up into one volume called "Foundation", but if you look around a bit, you should be able to find the rest of them.

I've been known to read some of the more conventional superhero stuff too. Spider-Man was the reason I started buying comics all those years ago, and I don't mind the occasional Bat-book either.

W

Actually its warren ellis that writes transmetropolitan, my mistake! I could have sworn it was moore...anyways, what do I know!

Ill check out house of secrets this friday when I go to the comics store (they know me by first name there, a sure sign I spend too much in there :lol: )

Phloggy: Id play them, but you need friends, and dungeon mastering noone aint much fun :lol:
I like that artwork and have bought some of the rule books just for a read, never actually played it though.
Ive got the star wars RPG books for the same reason, never actually played it either :)
Jon Schaffers wizard was killed by a platinum dragon when he used to have time to play Dungeons and Dragons. How cool is that? If Jon used to play it and he reads comics too, theres hope for geeky me yet! :D
Hurrah! :lol:

Originally posted by spawn

Phloggy: Id play them, but you need friends, and dungeon mastering noone aint much fun :lol:
I like that artwork and have bought some of the rule books just for a read, never actually played it though.
Ive got the star wars RPG books for the same reason, never actually played it either :)
Jon Schaffers wizard was killed by a platinum dragon when he used to have time to play Dungeons and Dragons. How cool is that? If Jon used to play it and he reads comics too, theres hope for geeky me yet! :D
Hurrah! :lol:

I'm thinking that if enough people are keen we can get an online session going. 'course we also need a dungeon master, which could be the tricky bit.

That doesnt sound like a bad idea phloggy.....doesnt sound like a bad idea at all!
Theres a game coming out called Neverwinter Nights that would work rather well in this instance.......

I've been watching NWN for a while now. It's looking pretty good. But that's a computer game (which I'm also up for, btw. Diablo II anyone?). I was think more along the pen and paper version via IRC or something.

Ahhh I see, IRC would be good too, Lord Tim might be interested, as I know he reads a lot of fantasy novels and all that, but Im guessing he will be rather busy with dungeon stuff for the forseeable future.
Have you seen the game Morrowind? It looks great as well.
Yes im off topic considering its an mp3 thread, but I started it, so I can change it dammit :D