I saw Metallica destroy

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
I saw them at the Ohio show and they fucking kicked asses. I felt like it was the 1990 Metallica again. Kirk ripped the solos perfect, James screamed and sang like a champ, and Lars drumming seemed better. I will post the set in as a while, it was an amazing magical show at one point I had a tear in my eye.

I saw Metallica in Portland
I had literally been waiting years to see them
I didn't even care that I was in the nosebleeds, my brother said that was the happiest he had seen me in years.

Down was awesome as an opening band, even though I couldn't understand a word Anselmo was saying when he wasn't singing....

For me the setlist was brilliant, the following is the setlist for the Nov 9th, 2008 Metallica show.

THAT WAS JUST YOUR LIFE
THE END OF THE LINE
CREEPING DEATH
BROKEN BEAT AND SCARRED
THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES
CYANIDE
ONE
ENTER SANDMAN
SAD BUT TRUE
WHEREVER I MAY ROAM
RIDE THE LIGHTNING
LEPPER MESSIAH
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
JUMP IN THE FIRE
DIE DIE MY DARLING
BATTERY
MASTER OF PUPPETS
SEEK AND DESTROY

Haha yeh Creeping Death is the most played song and i see they dont seem to be playing it at every dte. If they dont play that they always seem to do Ride The Lightning and For Whom The Bell Tolls. But this is a brilliant set, especially because leper messiah is included.

Anyway, everybody should stop turning this into a Megadeth vs Metallica argument, as i dont see Megadeth in the title of this thread. the arguemnts are old. Just crawl out of Daves arse for a bit and if you dont have something to say productivly, its just not worth it. (Dont get me wrong i love Megadeth, but it pisses me off that every Metallica thread will get soiled with childishness).

I have seen Megadeth live too and let me tell you Metallicas show is better. Metallica actually knows how to alternate songs in the setlist from night to night instead of playing the same setlist everynight, and they don't let their classics rot on the shelf.