i think i scared pumpkin this morning

Baliset

guitar deity
Jul 31, 2002
New England
www.maudlinofthewell.com
i couldn't find him anywhere and i looked for like 45 mins teaering apart the house and i think he saw me loading stuff out of the house like i was packing and got scared that i would be putting him in his pet taxi.

then i freaked out and thought he got outside and i scoured around the outskirts of my house but there were no kitty paw prints in the snow at all and i was careful to close the door in between trips to the car. i hope he's ok. :(

i'm just freaking out that maybe he did get outside and maybe i didn't notice any tracks because he managed to avoid making too many but then i remembered a couple things:

1. he is a wimp and wouldn't leave the outskirts of the house until he was absolutely sure it was safe.

2. he is fat and a. can't run fast and b. would leave some kind of indentation in the snow wherever he went.

so i am confident he is not missing outside but i am still a nervous wreck today because of it. :(

it sucks when cats freak out and hide like that. one of mine did that when I went on honeymoon and our housesitter couldn't find her for a couple days. we were freaking out. well, my wife was. I had faith.

freddy once squeezed under a 1.5" ledge of my dresser. i didn't find him for like 2 hours. his ass got stuck and i had to drag him out by his front paws.
that was also carrier-fear related.

Clint, if we can catch him, just tries to hold himself out of the carrier. The cat's about 11 lbs. of muscle so that is more of a problem than you might think.