I want to mix something acoustic/chilled out/sparse

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
just thought id quickly mention that im genuinely not entirely sure where to put this topic so I figured the main forum would be my best bet, sorry lasse in advance if it needs moving

anyway, i was just checking out that open impulse response library thing that jeff posted and i suddenly got smitten with an overwhelming desire to mix something more sparse, just some vocals and acoustic guitar would be amazing
someone that can actually really sing, not just bellow a note and hold it perfectly steady like a synth ala most metal singing nowadays (im not knocking it, i just wanna mix something a bit more tender i guess)
im not really looking to get paid for it or anything, just for fun so if anyone has anything recorded in that style, or has recorded something of that type of genre where the artist wouldnt mind the raws being shared, it'd be cool if someone could hook me up \m/

thanks in advance guise :D

Are you...going soft?! I know what you mean though, I am really getting sick of mind numbing metal, I have been listening to Meshuggah, Hatebreed and Biohazard for the last three years non-stop, and recently I have been listening to more Radiohead and new Neurosis!

I might be able to come up with something in a couple of days maybe...

Are you...going soft?! I know what you mean though, I am really getting sick of mind numbing metal, I have been listening to Meshuggah, Hatebreed and Biohazard for the last three years non-stop, and recently I have been listening to more Radiohead and new Neurosis!

I might be able to come up with something in a couple of days maybe...

i never thought of myself as particularly "hard" in the first place
ive always balanced out my heavy music listening habits with softer stuff.
all i listened to this summer was acoustic stuff and singer songwriter type shit, with a healthy dose of paramore and SunnO))) to break up te monotony.

also lol @ radiohead. thom yorke needs to go away

I am not trying to hijack the topic but instead of open another topic I want to ask here if somebody knows a forum like this but oriented to electronic/ambiental/down tempo stuff. I like metal but I get bored very quickly just for hearing much time the same style. I want to extend my knowledge and I want to create and mix projects like Enigma, Hybrid, Boards Of Canada and even house stuff like Paul van Dyk. Any of you know a good forum where we can learn something about that kind of sound and production?

Dont piss off GarethSE. I come in peace!lol :wave:

I am not trying to hijack the topic but instead of open another topic I want to ask here if somebody knows a forum like this but oriented to electronic/ambiental/down tempo stuff. I like metal but I get bored very quickly just for hearing much time the same style. I want to extend my knowledge and I want to create and mix projects like Enigma, Hybrid, Boards Of Canada and even house stuff like Paul van Dyk. Any of you know a good forum where we can learn something about that kind of sound and production?

Dont piss off GarethSE. I come in peace!lol :wave:

http://www.idmforums.com/ cool place for all things electronica and more.

also cool that in that forum you can embed players for your music. Take a look. :kickass:

i love mars volta btw

TOUCHÉ
touche3.jpg