I was just blown off the stage by Randall and Krank !

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
:hotjump: I just had a show tonight with 5 bands......and all the bands were ok, but we were headline support for Premenition (relatives of Dime actually)...... and they were using

Randall Warhead (old version) --> Randall Dime Straight Cabinet
no effects, dimebucker pickup

Krank (Dime version?) --> Randall Dime Straight Cab.
no effects, seymour Duncan Jb i think.

anyways.....their tone was KICKIN' ASS ! OMG !!:worship: :worship: :OMG:

And believe it or not.....the Warhead setup sounded better than the other guitarist's!

I never thought a Warhead could sound like that! I thought it would only get that "dime" tone.

But it sounded like a Bogner or a Framus! F'n' Metal !:headbang:

i think I wanna sell my Line6 stuff to get some Randall shits!

I think that the main sound depend that the type of strings, tunning and fingers....( the most important thing)

dude....i know that being a good guitar player mean alot.....

but coming from jammin off my HD147 through my Crate BlueVoodoo cabs.....

and then I hear that Randall setup.....I was just in awe !@

Tachy said:
I think that the main sound depend that the type of strings, tunning and fingers....( the most important thing)
For live metal? Not so much. In the studio, yeah probably.

So apollo what your sayin is your 147 sucks then after you been raving about it other threads ???

Your sayin you prefer the sound of a REAL Tube amp, and a REAL Solid State amp to that of your REAL DIGITAL Amp ???

Is that right ???

not quite bud.

Warhead is solid state.

The krank sounded ok......but nothing on the Warhead.

And, I think the hd147 sounds pretty good (alot of tweaking required)......but the best part is, everything is built in the amp. Compression, Reverb, CHoruses, delays, Hush, and much more.
Simplicity is worth something, especially with a band that tours a fair amount.

I'm just saying I was WAY impressed with the Warhead ! And the Krank was pretty good (not really for the money though)

A few years ago I tried out the Warhead with the Dime signature Washburn and I was unimpressed with the tone. I'm sure there was some kind of special sauce in his actual rig that made it sound good. Then again:

http://guitargeek.com/rigview/415/

I can't imagine that the 1x15 additional cabs or the Furman EQ was doing much for his tone... but maybe?

black sugar said:
That page on guitargeek says he tuned down 1/4 step. Is that right?

If so... WTF?!

I mean, I always preferred tuning down a 7/16 step.

Hahaha yeah I read an interview with Dime where he explained why he and Rex always tuned down 1/4 step. I think it had something to do with establishing their own sound or something, always seemed a bit silly to me.