I we could have all predicted this....

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
QUEENSRŸCHE: 'Operation: Mindcrime II' Release Date Pushed Back, Track Listing Revised - Jan. 6, 2006 QUEENSRŸCHE have pushed back the release date of the sequel to their platinum 1988 concept album, "Operation: Mindcrime", entitled "Operation: Mindcrime II", to April 4. The CD mixing and mastering was completed earlier this week and the track listing has been reworked a bit, with two new tracks having been added. "Freiheit Ouvertüre" is the infamous "intro" all the fans have been chattering about, while "Convict" is a new song that was newly added after the original track listing was announced.

"Operation: Mindcrime II" (view cover art at this location) final track listing:

01. Freiheit Ouvertüre
02. Convict
03. I'm American
04. One foot in Hell
05. Hostage
06. The Hands
07. Speed of Light
08. Signs Say Go
09. Re-arrange You
10. The Chase
11. Murderer?
12. Circles
13. If I Could Change it All
14. An Intentional Confrontation
15. A Junkie's Blues
16. Fear City Slide
17. All the Promises

A video for the first single, "The Hands", will be filmed starting next week. A release date for the clip will be announced soon. The band will also start their photo shoots early next week.

As previously reported, legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (BLACK SABBATH, DIO, RAINBOW) has been tapped to play the role of "Dr. X" on "Operation: Mindcrime II". Check out photos of Ronnie in the studio with QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate at this location.

QUEENSRŸCHE drummer Scott Rockenfield and guitarist Michael Wilton recorded their parts for "Operation: Mindcrime II" in August at Synergy Studios in Redmond, WA. Michael Stone cut guitars in a studio in a "secret location" in the Bay Area.

QUEENSRŸCHE's follow-up to 2003's "Tribe" will be released in North America via the group's new label, Rhino Entertainment. "Bootleg"-quality live recordings of two tracks slated to appear on the new CD — "Hostage" and "I'm American" — are available for download at Queensryche.com.

(Thanks: The Breakdown Room)

sixxswine said:
have pushed back the release date of the sequel to their platinum 1988 concept album, "Operation: Mindcrime", entitled "Operation: Mindcrime II", to April 4.

I'm surprised they didn't move it back to April 1. :D I know, the 4th is a Tuesday and new releases come out on Tuesdays.

sixxswine said:
08. Signs Say Go

They did use a Magic 8 Ball to write this one! o_O

I already used that joke somewhere else. Maybe it'll actually get a response here.

sixxswine said:
16. Fear City Slide

That on just bugs me. I suppose Stone will be using a whole bunch of slide guitar in it. If he breaks out a cordless drill to accomplish that I'm done with this band forever.

Wheezer, I agree with ya on some of the song titles, but, on the other hand, I remember when 'Rage for Order' was released and saw a song titled "I Dream In Infrared'. My expectations are not high, given their recent track record, but I am intrigued to see what they come up with.

Walter_Langkowski said:
I think we should set up an Old School fund where we get a pot together and everyone throws in like a $1.50 or so and all together we can buy 1 copy. Then that person just burns us all a copy so we all collectively get screwed a lot less when we find out it sucks.
Just a thought.

I'll buy it the day it comes out. Hell, I'll prolly even go to Best Buy on my lunch break just so I can listen to it all afternoon. They're one of the first bands that I really got into.

sixxswine said:
What?! You mean you didn't like the Mr. Big gimmick?!:tickled:

Mr. Big? I thought it was Van Halen. Was it both of them? :confused:

It's a cool gimmick but with the Ryche it would look desperate. Silly even. You know, that whole "thinking man's band" thingy.

Wheezer said:
I'll buy it the day it comes out. Hell, I'll prolly even go to Best Buy on my lunch break just so I can listen to it all afternoon. They're one of the first bands that I really got into.

Really? You're going to buy it? Have you liked their recent albums? Really, I'm not being an ass, just sincerely curious.

Because to me this seems to happen quite a bit with bands cashing in on a name or an idea to get fans back after the creative spark is long gone.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Really? You're going to buy it? Have you liked their recent albums? Really, I'm not being an ass, just sincerely curious.

Yeah, I'm really gonna buy it. No, I haven't liked their recent albums. There's a few tunes on each that are pretty good but overall they're not very good. I haven't liked an entire album of theirs since Promised Land and even that one has some weak points.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Because to me this seems to happen quite a bit with bands cashing in on a name or an idea to get fans back after the creative spark is long gone.

Yeah, you're prolly the first one to think of that. :p

Wheezer said:
Yeah, I'm really gonna buy it. No, I haven't liked their recent albums. There's a few tunes on each that are pretty good but overall they're not very good. I haven't liked an entire album of theirs since Promised Land and even that one has some weak points.

Okay, so why exactly are you going to spend $15-18 on it?

Enquiring minds want to know, I want to know!:D

Walter_Langkowski said:
Okay, so why exactly are you going to spend $15-18 on it?

I've got every one of their releases. It keeps the collection complete. Best Buy will have it for $10 - $12 on the first day.

I know you're not my wife. Mom, is that you?

Wheezer said:
:lol:

Against my better judgement, I will probably buy this album too. I just have a feeling that Tate and the boys put more effort into this one...knowing the backlash that would come from calling it Mindcrime II when it's really just another bland Queensryche album.

Tate already admitted that it wasn't going to be as heavy as Mindcrime I, but heavy isn't everything. I'm in it for the songwriting. My fingers are crossed that they deliver. If they don't, well, I'm just another fool who got duped by all the hype. It wouldn't be the first time! :loco:

Wheezer said:
I've got every one of their releases. It keeps the collection complete. Best Buy will have it for $10 - $12 on the first day.

That's cool. I'm sure Queensryche appreciates you purchasing material which you find lackluster and inept. Personally I'd rather buy an album from a local band. At least I know they still have their heart and soul into it.

Wheezer said:

That was a pretty good one, actually.:D

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
Against my better judgement, I will probably buy this album too. I just have a feeling that Tate and the boys put more effort into this one...knowing the backlash that would come from calling it Mindcrime II when it's really just another bland Queensryche album.

Yeah, I think they have put more effort into it as well, but compared to what for instance? Q2K? Tribe? HITNF? I wasn't trying to be overly annoying with Wheezer, but I just am honestly astonished when fans keep coming back to stick their fingers back into the fire after they've already been burned. There are much better current Prog groups to get into nowadays who still have artistic integrity and push the limits musically to their maximum potential. And I really don't think Queensryche is still one of them.

But I am fully prepared to eat my words if they actually have recorded a worthwhile new LP.

My fingers are crossed that they deliver. If they don't, well, I'm just another fool who got duped by all the hype. It wouldn't be the first time! :loco:

:D

Walter_Langkowski said:
That's cool. I'm sure Queensryche appreciates you purchasing material which you find lackluster and inept. Personally I'd rather buy an album from a local band. At least I know they still have their heart and soul into it.

What's with the condescending bullshit? Personally I buy as much as I can. Buying the Queensryche isn't going to get in the way of me buying stuff from other, more deserving bands.

Walter_Langkowski said:
That was a pretty good one, actually.:D

It was meant to cool your heels a little bit in a nice way. Evidently nice doesn't work with you. Seriously, it's none of your fucking business why I want to buy it.

:lol:

Against my better judgement too. And I'll see the tour when it rolls through town too. Actually, the live shows have not suffered much lately. I saw them the last time through with my youngest stepson and it was an excellent show. He had seen them on the HITNF tour and was somewhat unimpressed. He really loved the entire Mindcrime set though on the last tour.