I Won (2) Opeth Tickets For The Worcester, MA Show

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I won again, but this time, I feel good because I paid for (4) tickets so I can at least feel I personally supported the band. So now I'm taking the whole family plus 2.

I may end up with one or both of these tickets as extra, which means I may have a freebie. E-mail me if you "may" need a ticket and can't get one. I won't be sure until Wed/Thurs if I'll actually have an extra or two.

YOU? Won tickets...ah! Pffft! You're pullin' my leg!
smug2.gif

I'm guessing you're lucky at getting tickets and such from radio stations. I work with a lady who wins something like once every 3 months from a radio station she listens to. She has won a big screen TV, a trip to NY, concert ticktets, etc.
I have a friend who lives in New Bedford and I've been wanting to go see her, but she is going through some problems, but it would have been cool if you had an extra ticket and I was able to fly over there. Ah well, congratulations.

Originally posted by Opet
I think MMCPA has a friend at the radio station

I think you're right.
nice.gif

Hehe - actually, here's the short story:

The show I listen to began in 1984. Since it's a college station, the DJ's roll over every 4 years or so. Well, it seems I am well known there as from what I gather I'm one of the few (if any) "long-time" listeners. Actually, I think they've mentioned lately that I'm the only one I know who's been listening to the show since it began.

As far as winning tickets, I guess not a lot of people call to win. For instance, for the Opeth tickets, they were looking for caller #5. I was caller #2, then caller #5.

But I do have friends at the radio station - this past week, I received a gift pack in the mail from the station. It had 5 CD's, and various posters and stickers. When I won the tickets, the DJ asked me if I received the package. I said yes, and then asked why I received it. He said he was looking around and saw some Cd's and stuff he though I'd be interested in, so he passed it along. It's nice to know I'm thought of. :)

What is the radio station? I think you mentioned it once, but I don't recall if I could tune it in or not. Both 2nd and 5th caller? FOR OPETH TICKETS? You need a competition caller.
smartass.gif

Originally posted by Opet
annoyed.gif
Fine. I no need yor stinkin' rageo statshon anheewah! :p

Impatient - aren't we :p

WERS 88.9

The metal show is Nasty Habits, and it is on both Saturdays and Sundays, from 11:00PM to 2:00AM.

There - happy now?

Impatient - aren't we :p

:lol: Anything but...I hoped it was a silent joke. And, I've been doing that accent all week after seeing The THREE AMEGOS!! "HUH HUH HUH HUH!" last week. :lol: Those 3 crack me up.

"We pillaged de wimon....annnnnd....rape de horsez." :err: