Ian Fraser "Lemmy" Kilmister 1945-2015

I can't believe he is dead. He kind of seemed immortal for some reason...
This is very sad. I have been listening to Motörhead as loud as I could, limited by shitty phone speakers and my parents telling me to turn it down because it was four in the morning. I ended up staying up all night last night listening to Motörhead.

glad i saw motorhead live about 5 years ago. oddly enough dio sabbath was headlining and now dio and lemmy are dead

He is sorely missed by me. As legendary as his music is, it was even dwarfed by his character !! He was SO funny and one of the most outspoken people in the metal world. He was a true metal monster !!

Such a shock to hear. R.I.P. Lemmy, you will be missed. So many musicians have passed away recently: Lemmy and Phil Taylor, Chris Squire, BB King, Scott Weiland, Glenn Frey, David Bowie, and now Prince. It's such a shame to see them go. But Bad Magic was a great way for Motorhead and Lemmy to go out in my opinion. Lemmy's voice was certainly showing some wear, but other than that, they sound like they're in their 20s. R.I.P. Lemmy

You forgot Keith Emerson, lately has been truly a drag.

RIP Lemmy. I remember when I heard the news around Christmas time last year and I couldn't believe it, he seemed like he wasn't capable of dying. 'Bad Magic' does kick some serious ass though, but my favorite Motorhead album would either be 'Bomber' or 'Another Perfect Day'. To me Lemmy was the embodiment of the heart and soul in heavy metal, the motorcycle aspect of the music anyway.

Anyone know what his bandmates Phil Campbell and Mikkey Dee are up to? With Lemmy passing it's obvious Motorhead will never go on, but these two are also some serious talents that can make good music elsewhere I'm sure.