IAN PARRY- Consortium Project V!

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
Curious to hear the views around here on who I consider to be one of the all time best metal vocalists out there. The man has been cranking out quality stuff for 25 years now. Check out his latest from the final installment of the Consortium Project Series:

A Prog Power appearance would seem due in my opinion. Perhaps an Elegy reunion of some sorts mixed in with some of his solo stuff or maybe even Consortium Project on their own!

Now I understand he is probably not "relevant" these days, but there is no denying the man's talent; that's for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Monsterman
Not relevant? He has one of the best metal voices around, I have been an Ian Parry fan since i discovered Elegy in 2001

J Man, trust me I agree. That's why I posted in the first place. I'm speaking in terms of this festival and drawing power only. I think he is incredible and I loved him in Elegy. It's just one of those things where I feel Glenn wouldn't consider him since he would have to put him in a relatively high slot and that probably wouldn't prove profitable.

I wish it wasn't so; I feel the only shot for him is if he does an Elegy reunion... Now that would be cool!

J Man, trust me I agree. That's why I posted in the first place. I'm speaking in terms of this festival and drawing power only. I think he is incredible and I loved him in Elegy. It's just one of those things where I feel Glenn wouldn't consider him since he would have to put him in a relatively high slot and that probably wouldn't prove profitable.

I wish it wasn't so; I feel the only shot for him is if he does an Elegy reunion... Now that would be cool!

I would love that

The V is very good and he is somewhat back to form of excellent I and II. III was average and I thought IV was the weakest, but the new one is well done. probably helps that Stephan Lill of Vanden Plas is helping with songs again, plus production is very good as well.

Ian is a great vocalist, for sure. As an aside idea, I wonder how he would fit in kamelot? Different style vocalist, but certainly has pipes and can also do some softer stuff. Plus he is already friends with Thom and Casey.

Lion Music are proud to now announce the re-release of the complete Consortium Project back catalog.

All albums are remastered with the added extra of new bonus tracks for each new reissue, the series begins with the first installment of Ian Parry's epic story - "Consortium Project 1: Criminals & Kings" - on 18th November 2011. Heading back to the mid 1990's and after the release of Ian Parry's solo album "Thru the looking-glass" in 1995, it had been the wish of the English singer-songwriter famous for his work with Elegy to embark on a new ambitious album. Ian's wish not only saw a new album develop that would see the light of day in 1999, but a whole new musical legacy that would see a story develop over five releases spanning 13 years.

The original "Criminals & Kings" album contained 11 powerful melodic progressive metal tracks, not a million miles away in scope from the works Parry was so acclaimed for with Elegy. Now in 2011 the starting foundation for the Consortium Project pentalogy is revisited with the added enhancement of a full remaster by Ian Parry and of 2 new never before heard bonus tracks in the form of an acoustic version of "A Miracle Is All We Need" with Patrick Rondat on guitar, and a demo version of "Evilworld" which sees Ayreon mastermind Arjen Lucassen provide bass guitar.

I have the Consortium Project V album and enjoyed in immensely. Awesome that Lion Music is re-releasing the all of the old "Consortium Project" albums. I is on eMusic and checking it out. Really like what I hearing. Will have to grab this one (and the others as they become available again). Wonder if any plans to release a "box set" with all of the albums together as one huge collection. That would be awesome!

I was supposed to have played on this record, but couldn't due to family problems I had in Brazil. I guess that's good, or this would've ended up as another "Bill Hudson is in a million bands" thread...

bump....

CONSORTIUM PROJECT - 50 TRACK PENTALOGY REMASTERS ALBUM FEATURING IAN PARRY AND MEMBERS OF ELEGY, KAMELOT, VANDEN PLAS AND PAIN OF SALVATION AVAILABLE

"...Parry: "I thought it would be a great way to share our music with everyone and remaster 50 of the best symphonic prog rock, melodic metal tracks from the five Consortium Project albums and release Pentalogy. Essentially, five albums in one download. Hope you like it. Cheers."

Pentalogy is available exclusively via CDBaby, iTunes, Amazon and Spotify. Check out audio samples here...."

Pentalogy.jpg