Ibanez TAM10 Tosin Abasi Signature opinions

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
Was wondering what you guys think of this guitar. I want to get a new 8 string guitar. The one I currently have is a schecter c8 special 8 string and I do not liike it. I don't have any problems with the playability really but the tone is just way too muddy and dull. Sounds like there is a blanket over it. I also would prefer passive pickups although actives would be okay too. I would really like it to have coil tap as well. That is why I am looking at the TAM10. It has everything I want except locking tuners and it is an inch shorter than ideal. But those are pretty minor issues. I was thinking that or the Schecter Banshee 8 string. It does have 808s in it but they have coil tap. Another one I was looking at was the Ibanez SIX28FD Iron Label S

I am considering getting this guitar or the Ibanez SIX28FD Iron Label S. I love the look of the iron label one and it is a little cheaper.

Just got a Ibanez M80M last week, it kicks some ass! It's tight as hell, great tone! I have had a Agile pro 8 string for a couple of years, with both an emg808 and a lundgren in it, I was never happy with the tone. The M80M just kills it! It's only 200 more than the TAM10. Plus its just evil looking!

Unless you get the Iron label from Sweetwater, or another store that actually inspects and sets it up before they ship it to you. The iron label line has been a huge QC nightmare since it was first introduced

eep. I pretty much am set on either the TAM10 or Banshee. The good thing about the TAM10 is I cam make payment plans on it. The Banshee is cheaper but h ave to pay all at once.

unfortunately the Ibanez M80M only has one pickup and is just not versatile enough for me. I need a guitar with both pickups and preferably coil tapped. I'm also not sure about a near 30 inch neck.