Icarus Music EI reissue: tracks out of order

Kouban

New Metal Member
Nov 6, 2005
I've been ordering the Definitive Editions of the albums through my local record store in chronological order. Wounded Land & Psychedelicatessen were both official Nuclear Blast releases and were just fine. Today I got Extinct Instinct; I noticed when I got home that it said it came from an Argentinian company called Icarus Music, but it said it was officially licensed from Nuclear Blast, so presumably it's legitimate... but the tracks are out of order.
Tracks 7 & 8, 9 & 10, and 11 & 12 are swapped, making for a jarring listening experience. Given that this is my first experience with an Icarus Music product, I'm unsure if this is an isolated incident or a repeated problem with their regional rereleases, but in any case I'm planning to return the CD to the store as soon as possible and possibly ordering it directly from Nuclear Blast this time.

Hi. Same thing happened with me. I finally got 'Extinct Instinct' brand new from a seller on ebay on the other side of the world. I had no idea what Icarus was, and half the cd is out of order. I'm reluctant to return it tho, it still pleases my ears regardless of order :)

It turns out that Icarus Music is the official license partner in Argentina. Who knows how they managed to rearrange the tracks from the master, but Nuclear Blast are looking into this now.