Ok, heres the set list they played for the first show of their tour with Deth:

Burning Times
Damien
Vengeance is Mine
Dracula
Travel in Stygian
Ghost of Freedom
The Coming Curse

Pretty cool setlist, they had 50 minutes all up, I probably would have dropped Damien and put Wolf and Pure Evil in there, but not bad overall :D

Heres the cover of the box set (I think, could be the cover album, not sure) too and the stuff in it.

The 5 CD box set that will be released as a goodbye from Iced Earth by Century Media will be called "Dark Genesis". Street date for Europe is the 26th of November, US isn't clear yet.
The Box Set will include:
1) The album "Iced Earth" (remixed & digitally remastered)
2) The album "Night of the Stormrider" (remixed & digitally remastered)
3) The album "Burnt Offerings" (remixed & digitally remastered)
4) The legendary "Enter The Realm" demo, first time on CD
5) A new album with 11 cover songs called "Tribute to the Godz". The songs on this album will be:
1) Number Of The Beast (Iron Maiden)
2) Hallowed Be Thy Name (Iron Maiden)
3) Creatures Of The Night (Kiss)
4) Gods Of Thunder (Kiss)
5) Cities On Flame (Blue Oyster Cult)
6) Dead Babies (Alice Cooper)
7) Burning For You (Blue Oyster Cult)
8) Long Way To The Top (AC/DC)
9) Highway To Hell (AC/DC)
10) Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath)
11) Screaming For Vengeance (Judas Priest)

The box-set will be released as a 5 CD Hardcover-book with 32 pages ****************************************************

Anyways, HURRY UP November 26th!!!!!! :D

Vote Spawny! :D

Attachments

• dargenesis1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 21
SWEEEEET!!!!!!

Any idea of how much it will all cost??

Thats cool, cause I dont have the first 2 albums, and only have a crappy copy of Burnt Offerings...... so this box set will complete my Iced Earth collection!!
Wicked.
I got DOP a few weeks back now. Its awesome!
Took me a while to see its brilliance, but now I love it.
I think the band has really evolved... especially in the vocals department. Alot of the vocal melodies on DOP sound very similar, and are very thrash metally.........
Compare this to the vocals on Horror show, and there is no contest... Horror show is one of my favorite IE albums because the vocals are very different..... Matts singing is great (as usual), but the actual vocal melodies are brilliant on Horror Show.

Woo Hoo!

"Homer, you've ruined a perfectly good jacket"
"Correction Marge..... 2 perfectly good jackets!"

haha.. thought I'd throw in that Simpsons quote seeing how much Spawny loves that show, and why the hell wouldnt ya!!!

Ok, its 79.99 DM I have NO idea what that is in US dollars though, does anyone have an idea?????

I agree with you sprucey, DOP is fantastic, but Matts vocals are incredible on Horror Show, thankfully they didnt overdo it and start sounding like blind guardian (nothing against the, they rule, but its Iced Earth not BG, if you see what I mean)

Ahhh a Simpsons quote, I just went all warm and fuzzy inside! :D Excellent <-- In a mr burns voice :D

Vote Spawny :D

Thanks Sydo :D 72 bucks! How cheap is that! (Spawny looks in kiss' direction and frowns....but will still buy their box set anyway, just like they knew he would).

$72 eh? Not too shabby, but I think I'll still buy the covers CD on its own. I have DOP, and so am not very interested in hearing the first two albums with inferior vox. Just got Burnt Offerings after a three month wait, so I don't particularly want to buy it again. Also, I need to put some money aside for Priest tickets :headbang: .

Burnt Offerings is very cool, though you can tell it was one of their earlier efforts. A lot of those riffs sound more like Metallica than Metallica (back in the good ol' days of course).

The great thing about Iced Earth is that every album is a progression from the one before. They're developing all the time, while still staying true to their influences. Long live IE :).

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
The great thing about Iced Earth is that every album is a progression from the one before. They're developing all the time, while still staying true to their influences. Long live IE :).

W

Wooh, well said :D

I dont blame you for not wanting to hear the first album, he is AWFUL. Just track down the mp3 for the song Iced Earth of the original album.....Im shuddering at the thought of it!
The second albums vocals are actually good, but Jon kicked the guy out because he was a drunk and a racist.
BO is more metallica than metallica in places, I know what you mean :D Im going to listen to it again tomorrow and see if I can get into it more :)

Vote Spawny! :D

That price is fuckin sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw a few extra bucks on it though and made it something like $90. But still, I'd pay that :loco:

I got an mp3 with the old vocalist on it not long (cant remember track name)...and even with the risk of being bagged I'm still gonna say that I didn't mind them at all :s Definitely not as good as the new guy but still cools anyway!

If spawny gets elected can we have national nudity day? :devil:

National nudity day? Well as long as I dont have to get naked! (Im shuddering at the thought, ESPECIALLY if its a cold day......BRRRRR!)