Iced Earth Thread

Heh, for once I agree with the local art fag. That said, Night Of The Stormrider and Burnt Offerings are excellent albums. Too bad the same can't be said for the rest of their catalogue.

Jean-Pierre said:
Heh, for once I agree with the local art fag. That said, Night Of The Stormrider and Burnt Offerings are excellent albums. Too bad the same can't be said for the rest of their catalogue.

Whats your thoughts on the first album. Every album I have heard of theirs sounds great.

The first album is allright, but it's hindered by songwriting that's pretty shitty at times and a really bad vocalist, but I think that the album contains the best song they ever wrote, "Colors". But besides that, it's pretty damn weak.

The first album is pretty good thrash; the second is fucking ace; the third is one of the greatest albums ever. Then, once he had found an amazing vocalist, Jon Schaffer promptly ran out of riffs and shat all over his band.

Some good songs scattered here and there (The Hunter, My Own Savior, Dracula, Damien once you cut the stupid interludes, the SW trilogy), but generally, they've been useless since Burnt Offerings.

hahaha.

And to stay on track: Burnt Offerings is the only album I've heard. I didn't mind it, but it just wasn't my cup of tea. If I need to give them another try, convince me to.

I reckon Iced Earth are fuckin awesome. From what I've heard, they haven't put out a bad album. People reckon all their singers except Barlow were sub-par, but I reckon they're all fuckin good, they just take a little getting used to sometimes. And I don't get where you find that he's run out of riffs, listen to them man, plenty of riffs. Glorious Burden owns.