Idea For Tribute To Chuck Shuldiner

ZANEX

Alone Within My Lunacy
Sep 4, 2001
PARIS/WINCHESTER,KENTUCKY U.S.A.
Visit site
I know that probably everyone thinks that tribute albums are overdone or are a "trendy" thing to do, but I think some sort of tribute should be paid to honor Chuck Shuldiner. If a new Control Denied album comes out that would be great. My idea may sound "corny" but I would like to see musicians from different bands get together and record their favorite Death/Control Denied songs, or record any unreleased songs Chuck may have been working on. If this doesn't happen, I hope a T-shirt or something else is released to honor the very talented and gifted Chuck Schuldiner.

Hey thats a great idea. How many Sabbath tributes are floatin around out there, those guys arent dead, bu tthe band is NO MORE. Death needs a good tribute album...I would stand in line to buy it.

Yes, there are a ton of Sabbath Tributes. I think there is a tribute to Death but its on an independent label. I bet good ole Ron from Sound Advice would know. I gotta go, just got off work and I'm starved. Talk to you later.

Zanex, I was thinking the same thing! :) I would love to hear other artists interpret Death and do some covers, and, the money could go to Chuck's family. I hope some people do it!!!

Yeah, a tribute CD would be cool, but it would really be cool if a number of metal bands went on a tour dedicated to Chuck and gave the proceeds to cancer research or something. Does anyone know if the Chuck Shuldiner foundation is still going? Even though it wouldn't be for him anymore, they could still take donations for others.

Originally posted by metallica sucks cock
i think it would be great if death's demos and other rarities were released.
Hey, that is a great idea too! Actually both of them (tribute CD AND demo-release) could be done. That would be awesome.

What about a remaster of Scream Bloody Gore and Leprosy? They would KILL with an awesome production like TSOP

there is a DEATH tribute album out, but its all industrial bands, i heard it at chucks house one day. it sounds crazy. alot of the songs are slower and parts are all jumbled. its funny , we heard crystal mountain and it sounded like TYPE O NEGATIVE, hysterical. i think that label CONQUEST was thining of doing one about a year ago, but i dont know what became of it.