If I said that DARKTHRONE would be playing live at Wacken...

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
...I'd be lying. HOWEVER, Nocturno Culto of Darkthrone IS going to be playing Darkthrone songs live, presumably with guest bassists and drummers -- my guess is people from Satyricon, who will ALSO be playing Wacken this year (oh pop music and titties, how fun)

Anyway, this fucking rules.

Erik said:
...I'd be lying. HOWEVER, Nocturno Culto of Darkthrone IS going to be playing Darkthrone songs live, presumably with guest bassists and drummers -- my guess is people from Satyricon, who will ALSO be playing Wacken this year (oh pop music and titties, how fun)

Oh interesting - I thought that he was basically just filling in a guest slot for Satyricon. So basically he'll have his own slot on the WOA roster listed as "Nocturno Culto"? That's cool.

Shame I 'aint going. :p

Yea i would definetley kill this year to go to wacken, if only to hear Culto perfroming Darkthrone songs. And yea Satyricon's playing a set, then right after them Nocturno Culto's set is supposed to happen. Now i just need to find away to scrounge up the money for this.

Erik said:

I think other way around Erik. Satyricon is playing Wacken, and Nocturno Culto is providing vocals, and from what I understand, it will be Satyricon's final gig ever. Unless I've misread it, or there's new information. Cool either way, but not enough to get me there :)

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Yea i would definetley kill this year to go to wacken, if only to hear Culto perfroming Darkthrone songs. And yea Satyricon's playing a set, then right after them Nocturno Culto's set is supposed to happen. Now i just need to find away to scrounge up the money for this.
Oh, hmm. Interesting! That doesn't sound like the way Wacken normally organizes things, but this is the 15th anniversary year, isn't it?

featured by Satyricon! LAST SHOW FOREVER!!!

But in Wacken, Darkthrone-fans will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the icecold force of Darkthrone live, as Nocturno Culto performs a special set together with Satyricon, playing selected Darkthrone songs.

YES, HE WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY SATYRICON
Was there every any question about it? #/¤&)(/"¤&"#(&¤%)"# you are stupid

This has been on the Wacken page for weeks Erik. If someone still doesn't understand:
Satyricon will play 90 minutes, but the end of the set will be them backing up Nocturno Culto playing Darkthrone songs.

Wonder what time they'll take to the stage? It's not very icy cold and grizzly at 12 noon in the Wacken sun....if the organizers do it right, they should put Satyricon/Nocturno at the end the night, even after the headliner....when only the evil ones come out to play. :heh:

Erik said:
And I haven't checked the Wacken page for weeks, so SUE ME!???!
Come on, no need to get hostile. I wasn't being hostile :). Btw, hope to buy the new release asap.

Good news for Satyricon fans

SATYRICON AND NOCTURNO CULTO AT WACKEN 2004!
Satyricon will headline the Wacken's black metal stage at this year's metal festival on Saturday, 7th August with Nocturno Culto of Darkthrone joining them on stage for an additional 30-min set! As wrongly announced on the Wacken official website, this is NOT Satyricon's last ever gig but the last time that the two bands will combine a show together.