If James Hetfield from Metallica created Anthrax ?

This should be a brain teaser.

How would Anthrax have been if the mighty Metallica frontman had stared this group instead of Scott Ian ?:kickass:

Maybe another way of asking it is to suggest how big would Metallica been if they had been christened Anthrax, and vice versa. For example, I'm sure SOWN would have been a huge commercial success like the "black" album if it said Metallica on the cover.

The point I'm getting at is Metallica's huge "cross over" success amongst fans of other genres of music and metal. If I say to people I'm listening to Metallica on my Ipod, even ardent non metalheads give me a grudging "yeah, I've heard of them". If I say Anthrax (or Slayer or Megadeth) then they fall about laughing, saying "how can you listen to that pish" "fucking Anthrax, that must be murder" etc etc.

I think Metallica is a great band name, its metal without being stupid or scary to all music fans. And I think its played a huge part in their success.

Maybe another way of asking it is to suggest how big would Metallica been if they had been christened Anthrax, and vice versa. For example, I'm sure SOWN would have been a huge commercial success like the "black" album if it said Metallica on the cover.

The point I'm getting at is Metallica's huge "cross over" success amongst fans of other genres of music and metal. If I say to people I'm listening to Metallica on my Ipod, even ardent non metalheads give me a grudging "yeah, I've heard of them". If I say Anthrax (or Slayer or Megadeth) then they fall about laughing, saying "how can you listen to that pish" "fucking Anthrax, that must be murder" etc etc.

I think Metallica is a great band name, its metal without being stupid or scary to all music fans. And I think its played a huge part in their success.

Brilliant post! It's true that a big part of Metallica's mainstream success is the name. Unlike Megadeth, Anthrax or Slayer, Metallica sounds pretty parent-friendly. I don't think they've ever even got a parental advisory sticker on their album?

edit: post 1,666! Hail Satan!

metallica always seemed to have a very hardcore fanbase from the start,also helps when u keep the same guys in the band for a very long time,changing the lead singer right after they signed with elektra killed any chance of anthrax being as big as metallica,imagine if hetfield were replaced b4 black album,kirk hammett came up with sandman riff so he is owed alot to there success.

I think John Bush should be the singer for every band, mo matter what style of music. To even talk about James Hetfield---aaaahhh in the same sentence is insulting!

This should be a brain teaser.

How would Anthrax have been if the mighty Metallica frontman had stared this group instead of Scott Ian ?:kickass:

How would Metallica have been if Joey had stared this group instead of James Hetfield?

How would Anthrax if Scott Ian plays trumpet?

How would my aunt if she have testicles????