IF on MTV

MTV? Never thought I saw the day. Loud on Much Music is getting really crappy, most nu-metal, but they still play some good stuff every now and then as well.

It was cool to see anything by them on there. They played SYL and Shadows Fall also, which I enjoyed. Since disturbed co-hosted it, this will get these bands some much needed/deserved recognition.

yeah... i rememberd that i saw a couple of "Canibal Corpse" videos a few weaks ago on MTV...

come on... at least, if somebody sees IF on mtv.. and if they like it.. then they will probably want to know more about the band... that means: Whoracle, Jester Race, Colony..

CONCLAVE OBSCURUM said:
come on... at least, if somebody sees IF on mtv.. and if they like it.. then they will probably want to know more about the band... that means: Whoracle, Jester Race, Colony..

exactly.

Don't go crying about selling out, I also saw SYL, and Shadows Fall on Headbangers ball... So take it easy everyone.

It's headbangers ball anyway, who really cares? When they hit TRL then everyone can start going apeshit.

:lol: Yep I saw it, me and my friend were watching it and freaked out when Trigger came on hehe. Funny since Ive seen it about 3 million times before that...but there is just something inherently wierd about seeing on MTV :err:

see, this is a fine example of the many phenomenoms happening at once.

1st: mtv's bind in "the next big thing", aka the next flavor of the month, has them raping and whoring many bands out there in exponential numbers.

2nd: some real metal fans are blinded by the history of the relations between metal and mtv. many of the predecessing generation of real metal fans know about this. if you like mtv that much, and yet, you are a metal head, therefore, be branded a poser. end of story.

3rd: the numerous problems in regards to bands getting exposure are many, but can be broken down to the following:

- most fans (the mtv generated fans) that will listen to a band are nothing more than a disposable commodity in regards to their attention span, meaning that the 5,000 fans a band plays to in every night during a tour are nothing more than fraudulent commoners who have nothing more than a passing interest in a band, and when the next flavor of the month kicks in, kiss your mtv cock sucking lives goodbye.

- if a band feels that they are musicians, they will obviously respect the fans that do appreciate their creation. if a band does create music or materialistic gains (money, jewelry, etc.), than they are nothing more than disposable commodities which can be relpaced with the drop of a dime.

- if a band does have a fan base mainly b/c the fans are listeners to what they have to offer, than the band can be justified in saying that they are a musicians.

with that being said, in flames creating a album like r2r has them in a position where their musicianship is being questioned. meaning, that they, as the once masters of the breaking boundaries with their instruments, to being reduced to a simple, standard issued instrument player who can be easily replaced with the next person.

to those with selective reading, a band can become something big without the aid of mtv, and on top of it, can conquer such a giant.