If Phil Collen joined Maiden...

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hello

As we all know, Def Leppard's Phil Collen was a candidate for the second guitarist job to replace Dennis. This poses a few questions:

What would Maiden have been like if they had gone with him instead of Adrian?

What would Def Leppard have been like if they had gone with someone else to replace Pete Whatsisname?

Would we have seen such great albums as Number of the Beast, Somewhere In Time, Hysteria or X?

Food for thought.

Well talking about the maidenguitarists...
Smith is the most musical from them, that's what I like him for... Dave and Janick are technically outstanding, but Janick lacks of musically talents (this is exagerated, but comparing to Adrian)
I'm glad Collen didn't join them :D
Hail Adrian :worship:

What if Phil Collen joined Maiden,and Phil Collins joined Leppard - would a baldy, boring twat (with two arms-granted) have made a difference??

"Make A Groovy Kind Of Love Like A Man"anyone?

Phil would certainly be the best guitarist out of all of them, and his playing is similair to Adrians, melodic and catchy but still technical etc. So if Phil joined Maiden I dont know if there would have been a huge difference (except for Adrians songwriting naturally!) and they probably still would have been as huge as they were!

If Phil had not joined Def leppard, I doubt they would have bounced back from Pyromania, Steve had so many problems Mutt would get Phil to record most of the parts on the album, so if they didnt have Phil to do it, and plus Ricks arm and everything... I dont know, maybe with Mutt they could have still pulled something out of the bag, but it wouldnt have been as good as it was without Phil :D

IMHO anyway :)

I agree with spawn. The guitars on the 4 nomoreadrian album are good. Because most people think these album are shit doesn't mean the musicians got bad... As far as songwriting goes, we would still have our favourite maiden song, thanks to Harris :headbang: