if you have Pounds or Euros, start spending in $ USD

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
It's more than $2 US to the GBP right now, and this will continue. BBC news article.

_44206947_pound_vs_dollar_gr_416.gif

Think about it this way: everything is half price even at full retail value. I can't imagine what deals can be found for items on sale...

i work with a guy overseas that i make deals with in US $ ... right now ... instead of sending him money, he makes me buy stuff here and ship it to him ... he saves ridiculous amounts of money compared to buying stuff in Europe ... otherwise he would get murdered on the exchange rate

do you guys realize the Mazda3 i purchesd in the US 2 months ago is about $15K more in Europe ... same car.

its a fucking bollocks trying to sell anything to the US or do work for americans
I got paid $500 for a job a while back, after fees etc it was £235

plus if you buy anything substancial from the states you get assfucked on import tax

so if i wanted to visit europe right now, it would cost nearly double what it would have cost 5 years ago? yes?

plus if you buy anything substancial from the states you get assfucked on import tax

Yeah, did you see there's now a flat £8 handling fee on any imports? The other day I got 2 baseball sweatshirts from teh US - had to pay £2 VAT on them, and a £8 handling fee. That's almost as much as I spent on buying and shipping the shirts in the first place :rolleyes:Still cheap though :)

thats why I'm glad I have my parents in north america, I ship it to them, they unpack it, remove all tags and let some dust settle on it... then ship it. Looks used then.

I read that in The Economist recently. I had to read it three times to fully grasp the concept.

I'm going to drop out of society now.