If you want to feel like a really shitty guitar player....

Droogie, don't get discouraged.... Loomis is somewhat of a prodigy...he naturally has it in him. But if it's one thing he always told his students/fans...don't ever stop...keep practicing.

Hell, I've had a keyboard for 5 years now...it's not set up, I get in my moods and want to learn but I never follow through ergo I'm still on twinkle twinkle little star! :tickled:

kittybeast said:
Droogie, don't get discouraged.... Loomis is somewhat of a prodigy...he naturally has it in him. But if it's one thing he always told his students/fans...don't ever stop...keep practicing.

Hell, I've had a keyboard for 5 years now...it's not set up, I get in my moods and want to learn but I never follow through ergo I'm still on twinkle twinkle little star! :tickled:
haha, yeah I know I dont think I could hang up my guitar even if I wanted to :lol: But it's pretty tough to think at MY age he could do that...but like I said, I'll keep on getting better.

One day I'll be better than Blackmore...and also dust in the grave :lol:

One of my greatest regrets is never had the courage/aptience to start and learn guitar or any other musical instrument. So for those of you out there who already do something NEVER NEVER give up, you already are a prodigy to my eyes ;)

Hell, I've had a keyboard for 5 years now...it's not set up, I get in my moods and want to learn but I never follow through ergo I'm still on twinkle twinkle little star!

I know exactly what ya mean. I have a guitar that I will pick up and try to play every once in a while. Instead of being stuck on twinkle twinkle little star I find myself playing The "Smoke on the water" intro and The beggining of the James Bond Theme!

Oh, and Droogie, I dig what you have on pure volume. Keep at it and I am positive you can make some pretty bad ass tunes! Keep rippin' it up dude!

Evil? said:
Oh, and Droogie, I dig what you have on pure volume. Keep at it and I am positive you can make some pretty bad ass tunes! Keep rippin' it up dude!
thanks, man. It's a really shitty example of our band though, it's probably our worst song, and the recording fucking sucks....but yeah, I'll post again if we ever get a singer and record Worldwide Genocide (I love that song :tickled: )

Hey thats good material for guys your age you'll only get better in time
like I said before my friend patiences. Your music sounds like early 80's
thrash hey are you the rhythm guitar player in the band? So you dont like
death metal how about black metal screams that might fit your music better
I know theres a lot of young ppl in the states that are starting to get into
BM. Just trying to help.

KMADD said:
Hey thats good material for guys your age you'll only get better in time
like I said before my friend patiences. Your music sounds like early 80's
thrash hey are you the rhythm guitar player in the band? So you dont like
death metal how about black metal screams that might fit your music better
I know theres a lot of young ppl in the states that are starting to get into
BM. Just trying to help.
thanks dude! lol that's one of the best compliments I've heard:D
yes, I am the rhythm guitarist....but only because I've been playing for a year and 7 months, so I can't really solo at all yet, but once I can, then I'll move up to lead (I'm guessing you also think that the leads are a bit lacking....well our lead guitarist isn't that great, it's just he's the best guitarist our age who isn't in a band already). But yeah, I don't know what kind of vocals we're looking for anymore. Because I've been getting into Response Negative a LOT lately, and they have DM vox over thrashy guitars, and I fucking love that band. So I don't know.....we'll try out anybody I guess. Thanks for the input!

#1_Droogie said:
wow, I want to hang up my guitar right now.....this is just in-fucking-sane.
(Jeff Loomis at age 16)

Kinda old news now, but still dazzling. :)
The thing is, Jeff is really a prodigy, but there was a lot of sweat and hard concentrated work to get where he is now. I think almost anyone with any interest in guitar could develop the mechanics to play fast and accurate, but the playing is NEVER about that, it's just the tools enabling you to express yourself. Jeff is a great example of a very technical player with lots to say musically, not just noodling up and down with straight arpeggios, scales or (you name it) whatever figure on guitar...

I always say I'd rather listen 100 times a day to Gilmours soulful intro to Shine On You Crazy Diamond or his solo on Comfortably Numb than some guitar athlete... The power to express yourself is the key, not the power to run all over the fretboard, so don't get depressed about it... ;)

#1_Droogie said:
thanks dude! lol that's one of the best compliments I've heard:D
yes, I am the rhythm guitarist....but only because I've been playing for a year and 7 months, so I can't really solo at all yet, but once I can, then I'll move up to lead (I'm guessing you also think that the leads are a bit lacking....well our lead guitarist isn't that great, it's just he's the best guitarist our age who isn't in a band already). But yeah, I don't know what kind of vocals we're looking for anymore. Because I've been getting into Response Negative a LOT lately, and they have DM vox over thrashy guitars, and I fucking love that band. So I don't know.....we'll try out anybody I guess. Thanks for the input!
Perhaps one of these days maybe you or somebody else in the band
can do it. Hey if James and Dave can do it you sure can. Like I said before
patience it takes years of hard work and dedication to get where a lot of these bands are today!

KMADD said:
Perhaps one of these days maybe you or somebody else in the band
can do it. Hey if James and Dave can do it you sure can. Like I said before
patience it takes years of hard work and dedication to get where a lot of these bands are today!
I've thought about it.....but my voice sucks lol. I've recorded myself singing before, but I'm horrible lol. I've been trying to convince our bassist to try out on vox....but he doesn't want to. Well I'll keep trying, and hopefully it'll pay off someday.

Dodens Grav said:
There's not enough true Thrash out there with Traditional vocals anymore. It's become the norm to have harsh vocals in Thrash. Not that that's bad, but I'd like to see some more Bay Area styled vocalists around these days.
it's interesting you mention that, because when we first started looking for a singer, I was looking for somebody similar to Erik A. K. or Belladonna, just somebody with range. But like I said, now we'll pretty much take anybody who sounds decent.