If you were to introduce someone to Nevermore, what would you play them first?

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
The first thing that comes to mind is Next in Line. Though i don't know why. It's just a damn cool song... 42147 is catchy, but it goes a little crazy in the middle, which would turn alot of non-extreme people off a bit.

For people into doom, or stuff like opeth, i'd play them Dreaming Neon Black, or something like that, maybe What Tomorrow KNows too.

Thrashers, i'd play Beyond Within and 42147, for sure. :headbang: For some reason they remind me of testament... or testament reminds me of those two songs :shrug: strange.

So... What would it be?

well,if you look at which songs were available as promos for downloads from century-media,you get a picture of what century media considered to be "catchy"

Next in line
Poison god machine
We disintegrate

and there´s "Beyond within" from mp3.com

I´d choose "Next in Line"

heres what id do. set the person in the middle of the room with 4 speakers in the corners. the first one play the heart collector, the second play dreaming neon black, the third play them this sacrement, and the fourth play matricide. thats that way man hahaha

I would do exactly the same, as they did it with me:
i'd play Godmoney first and then Poison godmachine...some costumers of mine, on of them was totally into Lipsnot }:> i let 'm listen to Poison godmachine...and them i put op the POE-disk..He bought both albums and keeps asking me when the newie comes out and if can order him the other disks as well....
I felt good about that, there's still hope!! Manipulate the mediaaaaaa!!! :lol: I love my job :)

xxx Iris xxx

heres what id do. set the person in the middle of the room with 4 speakers in the corners. the first one play the heart collector, the second play dreaming neon black, the third play them this sacrement, and the fourth play matricide. thats that way man hahaha

What are you trying to do, make people into panzies? with little pink dresses and a glass of lemon, lime and bitters, sipping through the night?? you would introduce someone to nevermore with THC? fuck no... bad choice EEEEEEEHHHH You lose.

I still need to get the older Nevermore stuff(s/t,In Memory)..."Godmoney"...hmmmmm,that title reminds me of "Head Like A Hole" by Nine Inch Nails...anyway...
Well,the first Nevermore stuff that I let one of my other friends listen to was DNB.She thought it was alright,yet she still insists that Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins has a better voice...lets just see what she thinks after finishing PoE...

The songs I downloaded to get into it:

Dead heart (the song), first heavy riff is killer
The Lost and Garden of Grey, just damn cool
after these three I got

River Dragon
Sound of Silence
Engines of Hate
Believe in Nothing
Lotus Eaters

If it wasn't for that riff in Dead Heart I don't know if I would have started listening. The intro seemed kinda boring to me, then that riff blew me away.

I have to go with river dragon or inside 4 walls
stuff on DHIADW generally seems to be easier to get into first, warrel's voice on the earlier stuff seems to run people amok at first, DHIADW seemed to work with all my freinds (the album in general, not the song, though i'm sure that might work)

for sure...
then the rest slowly getting to the basis of their sound onthe 1st cd...self titled...but yeah ballads are the way to go....If its hardcore powerful death/grind then the new 2002 boltthrower, the best metal album ever...even better than the 1st BLACK SABBATH now i feel.

I would play the song that got me into them, but for some reason I don't think "Inside Four Walls" is the best choice. I'd probalby choose Poison Godmachine.