IGS Audio. Clones for resonable price?

I don't think those prices are reasonable at all. On ebay someone just sold a 1176 clone for $700 (510 EUR). You can build a 1176 clone yourself for $400 (~300 EUR).

I checked out that site in the past, and he didn't have that great of a reputation from the small amount of info i could attain.

Check out PrimeTonstudioTechnick (http://www.facebook.com/primeanalog). I have his SSL clone and just bought a 1176 from him for 750€ including vat and shipping to Sweden.
Lasse can vouch for him that he makes excellent products and offers great Service.

You must have in mind that those DI kits out there (hariballaduio.com) looks awesome and are for sure great kits, but for a noob like me, i would rather spend a little bit more money and get a calibrated, assembled 1176 from a guy i can trust.

I don't think those prices are reasonable at all. On ebay someone just sold a 1176 clone for $700 (510 EUR). You can build a 1176 clone yourself for $400 (~300 EUR).

I live in europe, and here we have different prices than in USA,shipping costs are way to much from USA; we have ebay.de, but there are not so great offers...
The Hairball stuff it`s tempting me for a while, but i am afraid that i can`t assembly and calibrate the unit on my own.

I checked out that site in the past, and he didn't have that great of a reputation from the small amount of info i could attain.

Check out PrimeTonstudioTechnick (http://www.facebook.com/primeanalog). I have his SSL clone and just bought a 1176 from him for 750€ including vat and shipping to Sweden.
Lasse can vouch for him that he makes excellent products and offers great Service.

You must have in mind that those DI kits out there (hariballaduio.com) looks awesome and are for sure great kits, but for a noob like me, i would rather spend a little bit more money and get a calibrated, assembled 1176 from a guy i can trust.

Thanks for your reply. I didn`t know about his bad reputation there is not much info on the net, or at least i can`t find... just some mixed reviews on gearslutz but that`s all i found about IGS audio
I heard about this Mika guy, it seems that he is building some great units, I will contact him. I just need a GSSL clone for the start, and after that in the future an 1176 comp, maybe for that i will order a kit and just pay some local electrician guru to asembly and calibrate for me.

Thanks for your reply. I didn`t know about his bad reputation there is not much info on the net, or at least i can`t find... just some mixed reviews on gearslutz but that`s all i found about IGS audio
I heard about this Mika guy, it seems that he is building some great units, I will contact him. I just need a GSSL clone for the start, and after that in the future an 1176 comp, maybe for that i will order a kit and just pay some local electrician guru to asembly and calibrate for me.

I would recommend you to get the 1176 first, i wish i did. The 1176 can be used on so many difference sources, vox, bass, parallel compression etc. The SSL is mainly used on as you know on the master buss.

Ive got a dual channel IGS audio 1176 clone i got off ebay some time back.
Build quality seems pretty good and works fine.

IGS give a 3 year warranty too. I got the ceriticate of warranty from the ebay seller too.

I would have had no problem building a clone but im sick of gettin hit by customs for import duty everytime i seem to get somethin from the US.

Ive also got a single channel Imbir 1176 clone im considering selling/trading which is apparently a rev F clone.

Edit - i also have one of the prime analog ssl clones and must say these are excellent.