Ihsahn and Halford project!

dolphz

Black Heart
Aug 21, 2001
Elmhurst, Ill. USA
Visit site
From the Tombstone website

"Metal god and singer Rob Halford surprised as all when he announced that he wants to do an album with Ihsahn from Emperor. Here's what he said: "I'd like to make a black metal record with Ihsahn from Emperor. I don' know when or how it's going to happen, but I'd really like to do that at some point. It'd be something different."

I think that would be amazing! I hope Trym would also be included.

He always says how much he likes Emperor, he says it in every damn interview hes been in for the past 3 years. Dont hold your breath on this happening. It would be interesting to hear how this would sound, but I seriously dount Isahn would EVER venture into playing black metal again, unless its with Emperor, and Emperor only. And to tell you the truth, Id doubt it sound all that good.

Originally posted by dolphz
From the Tombstone website
"Metal god and singer Rob Halford surprised as all when he announced that he wants to do an album with Ihsahn from Emperor. Here's what he said: "I'd like to make a black metal record with Ihsahn from Emperor. I don' know when or how it's going to happen, but I'd really like to do that at some point. It'd be something different."
I think that would be amazing! I hope Trym would also be included.

What would be the point for Ihsahn to do this?

If Halford wants to make a black metal album, then he should just FUCKING MAKE A BLACK METAL ALBUM.

"I want to work with you", isn't that so snug and crap. Just do it and show us you can do something interesting. If you can't, don't bring in a 'name' to make it interesting for you. If you're that desperate, there's a thousand no name hopefuls that you should recruit and maybe you can GIVE something to them instead playing take take from an originator of what you're wanting to copy.

Halford just admires the guy and his work and wants to make some music with him, after all, Ihsahn is a black metal pioneer. What the hell is wrong with Halford trying his hand at something new and working with and learning from the best? I don't think Halford is implying that he will grace Ihsahn with his presence, rather I think he admires Ihsahn and would be honored to work with him.
Oh, and by the way, don't be talking bad about Halford. He was/is/and always will be a metal god. His new stuff slays, and he still kicks serious ass live. Also, vintage Judas Priest is head and shoulders above most of the metal music EVER created.

I dont know...in my eyes...ihsahn and halford have a lot in common, and basically carry the same role in their particular genre. Not to mention, they are BOTH fans of EACHOTHERS work. I say power to them...they both have a lot to bring to the table, and they are BOTH opportunists...they will probably sell a lot of records if this happened...i wouldnt be too doubtful.

yes, they have alot in common, they are both rather bald, they are both raving faggots, and they're both short :lol: