Il Tempio delle Clessidre - new release 5/4/17

Ggorp

Feb 6, 2010
Il Tempio delle Clessidre "il-lūdĕre"

Genre(s): Symphonic
Label: Black Widow Records (BWRCD 201-2)
Format: CD, vinyl
Release date: May 4, 2017
Tracklist:
1. Le Regole Del Gioco (1:50)
2. La Parola Magica (4:54)
3. Come Nelle Favole (5:10)
4. Dentro La Mia Mente (7:21)
5. Spettro Del Palco (4:52)
6. Prospettive (6:37)
7. Manitou (5:22)
8. Nuova Alchimia (4:35)
9. La Spirale Del Vento (8:43)
10. Gnaffè (bonus track) (6:19)

Total Time 55:43

Line-up:
Francesco Ciapica: vocals
Giulio Canepa: electric guitar, classical guitar, backing vocals
Elisa Montaldo: keyboards, backing vocals
Fabio Gremo: bass guitar, classical guitar, backing vocals
Mattias Olsson (Anglagard, White Willow, Necromonkey): drums, percussions, keyboards, processed sounds
With
Anna Holmgren (Anglagard): flute (7)
Andrea Montaldo: percussions (10)

http://newprogreleases.blogspot.com/2017/04/il-tempio-delle-clessidre-il-ludere.html

It's a great album, better than their previous two (which were excellent). It will certainly be in my top 10 for the year unless there are some exceptional releases over the next six months.

How do you like the new singer vs. the Museo Rosenbach kat?
I prefer the "new" guy Francesco Ciapica, on the first album I thought Stephano Galifi sounded a bit rough around the edges.
I saw them about four years ago in the Spirit of 66 in Verviers, Belgium shortly after they released the second album and Ciapica did a great performance.

Reactions: lasercd
I prefer their first two as compared to the third. Potayto, potahto. The third wanders quite a ways from the symphonic+, diverse sound, especially that of the Italian 70s subset. I've only listened to the third a few times online, but for my ears there's quite a bit of straight radio rock oriented sound in it. There's fewer small touches and less composition development than was abundant in the first two.

The new kat, Ciapica, blew me away in alieNatura. Not so in Il-lūdĕre. In fairness, the composition in alieNatura was built to showcase a particular style of singing that might be Ciapica's sweet spot. The same could be said for Montaldo's keyboard performance (and brief vocals). Throughout the alieNatura composition, she produced diverse keyboard sounds, often simultaneously. I don't want to not mention the other players in my attempt to be brief. Although the lead vocalist and keyboardist were the showcase, the other members were well accounted for in, and performed up to, the composition. So many small touches that were executed to perfection.

It took several listens for me to fully appreciate what the first two offered, especially the second, but I instantly liked them. For me, the s/t is a must buy, the second is a buy or die.

Better late than never....

the new singer om "Il Ludere" has a better voice, but I do prefer the previous two albums, especially "Alienatura"