Ilium-featuring Mike DiMeo

mel_progson

Dec 10, 2006
Oz
A bit of a plug for my friends band Ilium from my hometown. Their new album is called Ageless Decay. They recruited Mike DiMeo from Riot and Masterplan to do vocals, as well as a Tommy Hansen mix and master.

Please check them out at http://www.myspace.com/iliummetal

Thanks-Jon

Mike DiMeo has really given the band a shot in the arm IMO. Lord Tim made them sound somewhat generic I thought, but Mike tears it up on this one.

I wanna see too hehehe

It was on Perpetual Motion Board: The Power Zone back in June 2009.

Someone (Corey) wrote:
: Hmm, this seems pretty good. Anyone else have thoughts? Mike Dimeo on vocals. I didn't think much of that Masterplan CD he was on, but I doubt that was his fault.

And I commented:
I thought it was pretty horrible. All the songs sounds the same, there are no good choruses and the production is very amateurish. That said, Mike (as always) kicks ass!

It got a little over 100 views, and apparently one of them was a band member who got all pissy and after a couple of mails from him telling me to concentrate on managing bands instead of slamming his music, he actually contacted his record label to let them know how mean I was saying that. So the label called me up and told me that I should be ashamed of myself - bad me, right? :D

That would have made me gone back on the forum to write even worse things. Whatever happened to having an opinion?

I don't know ... at that point it was kind of irrelevant.
I had already stated my opinion:
- music sucks pretty much
- no interesting choruses
- crappy production (sounds like a recording issue moreso than a mix/mastering issue)
- Mike is one heck of a great singer
Not much more I could add to that ;)

That said, I just went through the old mails, and it seems that the guy from the band thinks I was on a personal vendetta against him. I wonder why he would think that. It's not like I have a grudge against all bands not on Intromental (only 84% of them), haha.

I'm now waiting on the next mail from him, 'cause I'm sure he is going to find this one as well and go all apeshit about it.

c.

Resurrecting an old thread, but check out the showcase page of the new ILIUM album "Genetic Memory" including clips of all the tracks available here: http://www.melodicrock.com/showcase/ilium-geneticmemory.html

ilium-geneticmemory.jpg